Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #1

looking for a supplier of 04 drawer guides

Has anyone had broken plastic rear mounting brackets for the metal drawer guides? Has anyone found a supplier where we can buy new drawer mounting brackets? Thanks, Roy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
KIX

Home Depot and Lowe's carry the type of part you're looking for. Suggest you take an old one to match up........they all look very similar

KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #3

Yes, I had quite a few break.

I would suggest instead you take the old one and throw it in the trash, then go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy ball bearing slides. Knape & Vogt makes slides (not carried at Lowe's unfortunately) designed for RV use with a catch to hold the drawer in. They are far superior to the slides that came with the coach. Same clearance. Even WRV changed to ball bearing slides a year or two later.

8400 RV Stay-Close Full Extension Drawer Slide

Amazon.com: KV 8400 Series Full Extension Precision Ball Bearing Stay Close Slides 18" 100# Class (Set): Home Improvement

(This may not be the size you need. This is just an example. Measure it.)

You can buy a rear METAL bracket to make mounting simple. Those are available from stock at Lowe's. Making the change does take a little time, money, and work, but it is well worth it. I have replaced all of mine in the hallway closet drawers and the bedroom drawers. The small drawers in the kitchen are not a priority since they hold little weight and have not broken. Yet. But eventually I will replace them too.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #4

drawer slides

Thanks a bunch for the info, Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
Yes, I had quite a few break.

I would suggest instead you take the old one and throw it in the trash, then go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy ball bearing slides. Knape & Vogt makes slides (not carried at Lowe's unfortunately) designed for RV use with a catch to hold the drawer in. They are far superior to the slides that came with the coach. Same clearance. Even WRV changed to ball bearing slides a year or two later.

8400 RV Stay-Close Full Extension Drawer Slide

Amazon.com: KV 8400 Series Full Extension Precision Ball Bearing Stay Close Slides 18" 100# Class (Set): Home Improvement

(This may not be the size you need. This is just an example. Measure it.)

You can buy a rear METAL bracket to make mounting simple. Those are available from stock at Lowe's. Making the change does take a little time, money, and work, but it is well worth it. I have replaced all of mine in the hallway closet drawers and the bedroom drawers. The small drawers in the kitchen are not a priority since they hold little weight and have not broken. Yet. But eventually I will replace them too.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #5

Thanks for the help, Roy

Home Depot and Lowe's carry the type of part you're looking for. Suggest you take an old one to match up........they all look very similar.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Jim for the link. I've been keeping my eyes open for these for several years now. Even the RV remodelers were saying to use catches instead of stay close slides. It looks like the RV8400's have an extra strong spring to keep drawers shut during travel. www.kv.com

All:

Here is the .pdf on their slides and available sizes. Look for the RV8400's near the bottom center of the page.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Knape and Vogt Drawer Slides 8400RV.pdf (175.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #7

I haven't had mine long enough to speak for their durability. Time will tell. But they work fine so far. I haven't had a drawer open in transit yet. And at least one of them has some decent weight in it (all my manuals).
Old 10-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
RoyBoy,
The company that makes the rear plastic mount on the Alpine is

Houck Industries, Inc.
814 Randall St.
Greensburg, IN 47240

The model # is 251

When I purchased some in 2008 they were $3.00 each.
1peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Camping World carries the plastic ones, too.