Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #1

All the 12v in the coach has been lost that runs off the chassis batteries, plus maybe some others. I know my HWH stuff does not work, nor the electric slide in the bedroom. The coach runs fine. I have checked my batteries and they are OK. Checked all the 12v fuses and they are OK. Checked the 12 ground fuse and it is ok. Checked all the voltages of the isolators and such in the battery compartment and they are ok. It is like there is a master relay somewhere I cannot find. Any ideas are appreciated.

Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #2

All the 12v in the coach has been lost that runs off the chassis batteries, plus maybe some others. I know my HWH stuff does not work, nor the electric slide in the bedroom. The coach runs fine. I have checked my batteries and they are OK. Checked all the 12v fuses and they are OK. Checked the 12 ground fuse and it is ok. Checked all the voltages of the isolators and such in the battery compartment and they are ok. It is like there is a master relay somewhere I cannot find. Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Rich & Cork...
I know we have different coaches, but my inverter has a couple of "reset" buttons that I sometimes have to go outside and push to reset. I also have a panel in my bedroom closet that has tripped a breaker before...but my first choice is the inverter resets.

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Did you reset the inverter or check it's internal fuse? Inverters seem to do strange things.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #5

On my coach there is a master switch close by the entry door that kills all 12v circuits. I guess the idea is you throw this as you leave the coach so you don't have to worry about turning everything off individually.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #6

It may not affect your coach, because I don't know if it has Vansco modules or not. On ours, when I have this kind of problem I shut both chassis disconnects off -- the one near the entry door and the one in the battery compartment; leave them off for about 30 seconds, and then cycle them back on. It seems to reset the modules and power comes back.

Just another thought--
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #7

Thanks Algoma and the others who responded. It was the disconnect at the front door. The reason I missed that was because I had just gotten the coach back from the RV shop and they must have turned it off to make sure the coach batteries did not die. I have never done so. Wish they had told me or turned it back on. I sure wasted quite a few hours on this one. Oh well, now I understand the electrical in my coach a little better. Now we can take off on our two week trip!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #8

Now THAT'S the kind of easy fix I like !!!! Harold

Being pushed by a 2006
C&H from NorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's what gives you "experience". Now you can look brilliant when it happens to someone else and you can tell them how to fix it.

We managed to trip an inverter circuit breaker when using a 30 amp post during cold weather. A friend & I wasted about 4 hours checking fuses, breakers, etc. all over the coach. Checked with the guy in the coach next door, same brand, and he went right to the problem. The reason we didn't see it before was that one of the electrical cords was hanging in front of the breakers hiding them from view. Now I know where to look. Now I have "experience".

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote