Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #1

Bought our '02 38FDDS from private owner last Nov. They said they never used the Majestic washer/dryer. Booklet was still in plastic. I finally got the opportunity to use it (thus far only had short, busy trips or limited power) and can't get it to work. Power light comes on, nothing else happens. Can't find any inlet/outlet connections. Didn't want DH to have to pull it - just had back surgery. Can't find any info as to how it is installed. Help, please. I made the dumb mistake of adding the liquid detergent in the dispenser. Should have done a dry run first to make sure it worked.
Thanks for any suggestions.
John & Lois
'02 FDDS, '01 Ranger 4x4 toad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #2

Bought our '02 38FDDS from private owner last Nov. They said they never used the Majestic washer/dryer. Booklet was still in plastic. I finally got the opportunity to use it (thus far only had short, busy trips or limited power) and can't get it to work. Power light comes on, nothing else happens. Can't find any inlet/outlet connections. Didn't want DH to have to pull it - just had back surgery. Can't find any info as to how it is installed. Help, please. I made the dumb mistake of adding the liquid detergent in the dispenser. Should have done a dry run first to make sure it worked.
Thanks for any suggestions.
John & Lois
'02 FDDS, '01 Ranger 4x4 toad

Old 07-25-2005, 10:26 PM   #3

.....check and see if hte water is on first and that the vent is open if you have that model...sometimes there is an override seitch....aslo check for drain open.....geofkaye
Old 07-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #4

Thanks for quick reply, geofkaye. Hot water is on, but can't find other things you mentioned - vent, switch, drain, etc. Guess it has to be pulled out, huh?

John & Lois
Old 07-26-2005, 04:35 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to ggbanks
There should be cutoff valves for hot and cold water supply behind the washer. They are hard to reach, have to squeeze in between the washer/dryer. The drain is behind there too.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #6

Thanks Jeff & Linda. That's what I was hoping was not the case, that connections are all behind it. Only 1/2 - 1 inch on either side, no room to reach in. And a piece of woodwork has to be removed from the front at the floor to have room to slide it out. Coach is now parked at the RV lot we just got at Nature Coast Landings in Crystal River, 1 hr drive from home (getting house ready for sale). Have doctor appts today, may go up tomorrow. Will pull washer out and hopefully will solve the problem. Will report back what I find. Thanks, Lois
Old 07-26-2005, 06:50 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Hello and Welcome John & Lois:

I have a 2001, 38ft, and the washer is below the closet, if yours is the same I found a removable access cover in the back on the floor of the closet. If you pull it up you will be able to reach the water valves and drain.

I hope this helps, and enjoy your travels. Hope to see you on the road during our travels.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #8

Thanks, Dave. Yes, I have the closet over the washer, so I'm excitedly hoping that access cover is there! Just the kind of thing I was hoping for. This forum is the best!! Will let you know when we get back on Fri am if I was successful.
Lois
Old 07-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
John & Lois,
Just to add a little bit more to Dave's reply, in the access compartment besides the water (hot & cold)lines and drain there is also the electrical plug for the washer (110v). The cold water where it comes up through the floor from the black/gray tank holding compartment has a tee which runs the cold water to the toilet. In the right front corner of the black/gray tanks is the raiser up through the floor for the washer which has a pee trap and vent on this line in the access comnpartment. Your water lines may run to the kitchen from this point also because your 38 has it on the right side (co-pilot). You can request a schematic called "Fresh Water Supply Lay-Out" from WRV (Mark) it may take awhile but its nice to have.
Hope this might be helpful.
D&D Rich
Great Salt Lake Route
Old 07-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #10

Yeah! it worked! Found the hidden access door, turned on the water supply, and viola! Washing clothes. But, had some problems. Had the dryer setting off (wanted to test the washer part 1st), had the washer set at the cotton setting. As the dial advanced, it did not stop at the end of the spin/drain cycle, it continued to refill and go thru the synthetic complete cycle and then contnued thru the wool cycle before it turned off on its own. Over 2.5 hrs of washing! It was just a bath towel in for the test cycle, but thats got to be one clean towel!
2nd problem - as the dial advanced past the end of the cotton cycle and again at the end of the synthetic cycle (places I thought it should have stopped altogether, but it seemed to have a mind of it's own), the dryer dial started to advance and I noted an electrical smell like the dryer elements were on, but it was filling with water. I pushed the on/off button to off, reset the dryer dial to off, pushed the on/off button again, and it continued washing. At this time the dryer dial did not advance, no more electrical odor. It did the same thing again when it got to the end of the synthetic cycle, and once agin the dryer came on even though it was at the off position. Very weird and a little scary. Surely not how it should work. No contact info on the Majestic booklet. Guess I better call WRV to find out who to contact.

Thanks everyone for the help. D&D Rich, Hubby appreciates the tip on the water line schematic.

Lois