Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Manual Retraction of Passenger Slide with floor lift

All,
Back in June, my passenger slide was stuck in the extended position and I did not have the infamous threaded rods and bolts (or the instructions) on how to bring that slide in. For a discussion of the improvised workaround I used, see Passenger Slide Won't Budge.

However, since that time, I did order those long threaded rods and bolts that were designed to first lift the floor and then use the rods to bring the slide in. I hope I never have to use them but the good news is the kit came with INSTRUCTIONS. I am attaching them here and hope that someone (EM?) will get them added to the ACA technical website.

Plus, after seeing the diagram, I looked for the 2 holes on the bottom of the slide that the lifting bolts go into and located them. They are simply threaded holes (about 5/8" dia.) in the frame into which you insert the short bolts and tighten.

PS. If you order the bolt/rod kits, you need 2 kits. Each kit has 1 rod and 1 bolt but you must use them in tandem. The part number that someone else posted is still good. RAP-92464. It cost around $98 for 2 kits.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, it's great to have access to this info. Your middle .pdf works, but the 1st and last ones do not. Adobe reader says file is damaged and could not be repaired. Could you try to attach them again or something? I've had the rods for some time now, and I understand the pulling in part--I would like to see the raising up part.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLori View Post
Thanks, it's great to have access to this info. Your middle .pdf works, but the 1st and last ones do not. Adobe reader says file is damaged and could not be repaired. Could you try to attach them again or something? I've had the rods for some time now, and I understand the pulling in part--I would like to see the raising up part.
When I check the pdf's, they all work. Not sure why you are having a problem. I'll PM you with the files.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #4

All three opened for me as well. As in a previous thread where some had problems downloading pictures, I use Firefox if that makes any difference.

As a suggestion, if you right click and save a link as a file instead of opening the file in the browser, some files will open that way. (I didn't have to do that in this case however.)
Old 08-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #5

1) Docs are off to linda for posting on the Tech Library.
2) IIWM&Ihad the PS living room slide, I'd print the first two at half size, the second at full size, trim them to 8x10.5 and have them laminated back-to-back (some Mailboxes type stores have the machine, some stationary stores...) in a single 8.5x11 laminate, to carry w/my other must-have docs. Cuz in case you need these, you need them handy. I did this w/the two pages of HWH LED/Fuse schematic that explain operation of the motherboard parts. I've used it a lot, thankfully mostly on customer's coaches.
3) IIWM&Ihad this slide, I'd do a dry run to make sure I had the process down. This is one of those things that OJT is going to be tough if you have one of the coaches that isn't properly equipped for the lift procedure, and an alternate lift method (and the equipment you should be carrying) should be known, realizing that the lift may have to be made from a not-completely-level site).
Old 08-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #6

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
1) ..................
3) IIWM&Ihad this slide, I'd do a dry run to make sure I had the process down. This is one of those things that OJT is going to be tough if you have one of the coaches that isn't properly equipped for the lift procedure, and an alternate lift method (and the equipment you should be carrying) should be known, realizing that the lift may have to be made from a not-completely-level site).

I have never found anybody who has actually done this procedure so a dry run would be a good idea. I was stuck in beautiful El Paso with a bad pump (actually two bad pumps...Apex),slides out & no RV service available. Finally got a very good mobile tech from Las Cruses.

Today, I am stuck again in Junction City, OR with a leaking rear cylinder on the same slide waiting for parts to be made by HWH. Good service available.

The issue before was that it appeared WRV did not cut holes in the bottom of the floor under the lift cylinders so the small bolts could be inserted to lift the slide before retracting it with the big 3/4" bolts. In poking around the rear where fluid was leaking out, I think I have found the rear bolt hole buried in black spray foam where the hydraulic hoses go thru. But, I have never found any opening for the front in the wheel well.

Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide