Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
The HWH control box will not extend the room slide if the jacks are not down and the parking brake is not set. A light should come on to indicate the brake is not set so I would be surprised if this had not lit up when the wire had fallen off the switch. Always pays to check the obvious first.
That's right. There is a place on the control panel that lights up and said "parking brake not set". (Vary small letters).

Dan and Patty
"04" Alpine 34' FDDS
Saratoga, CA
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #16
Another way to operate the slides or jacks if you have an older coach that has separate gen or engine door switch is to extend the gen or engine compartment, then open the slide or jack solenoid you wish to move, then use the gen or engine switch to operate which ever function you wish to do. Don't forget to close the solenoid after your operation is completed. I used this method to move my slide and jacks while my box was off for repairs. It is easier if you are retracting because you don't have to do an "open" operation before you retract the slide or jacks. I was skeptical at first but it worked like a champ.

'99 Alpine Coach

'99 Alpine
36' FDS
gmfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #17
Update on the slide issue: I finally fixed the slide problem. It ended up being a bad chip on the control panel circuit board. I spent a week or so troubleshooting the control box and panel with HWH technical support. Finally, the technician recommended that i send the control panel, wiring harness that goes between the panel and control box, and the control box to HWH for testing. In all between shipping costs, parts, and labor it cost around $150.00 to fix the problem. Thankfully I was not under a time constraint because it took a month to fix the slide problem. Thank you everyone that guided me to a solution.

The guy I bought my Alpine Coach from told me that the irv2 Alpine owners forum is invaluable. He was right!

1999 Alpine Coach MDSS - 2003 GX470 Toad
Roger, Christine, Isabella(7), & Sophia(2)
yuppie_rednk is offline   Reply With Quote

manual, slide