Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

We are going to introducing a new sponsor shortly ....

Mouse Free prevents entry of mice into your RV. It is a undercarriage coating that prevents mice from entering through the holes under your RV. Safe & Non-Toxic.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Palmetto bug=cockroach
True and not true. They are a member of the CR family but not in the traditional sense. Their home is normally outside in Oak trees, palmetto bushes and Spanish moss. They aren't what I call nasty roaches, as you will generally find them inside if it is rainy or cold. They will, however, scare the beejesus out of the DW. They don't hang around your cabinets, they crawl on your ceilings. We have a 3ac. lot here in S. Ga. filled with old liveoaks and plenty of Spanish moss. Palmetto bugs are a small inconvience for the natural beauty and serenity.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #31
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer

We are going to introducing a new sponsor shortly ....

Mouse Free prevents entry of mice into your RV. It is a undercarriage coating that prevents mice from entering through the holes under your RV. Safe & Non-Toxic.
How bout 80,000 free samples ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator67 View Post
Not computer mice... REAL mice!

We back up to a field here in Georgetown, Texas, and in the seven seasons we've been here, and the almost as many years we've had this particular coach, we have NEVER seen signs of mice.

But, we found mouse droppings on the floor under the sink and the lower drawers on that side. (Our coach has the sink on the passenger side). We also found some droppings behind the "false drawer" next to the dining room table. I can see how mice can get in there... there are openings where the sewer hose passes through the bottom of the coach. Looking at other posts about this, it looks like people sealed the openings where the electic cord comes in and the sewer hose comes in. I think maybe they can get into the bay where the electic cord comes in, then climb on the furnace ducts through some openings.

Other posts suggested putting Bounce dryer sheets around and that keeps them away.

Just wondering if other Alpine owners have had rodent problems and what THEY did to remedy them

We have had mice in our 99, had a box of dryer sheets in the cabinet, the mice ate holes in the DRYER SHEET BOX,while it contained sheets/// old trucker
Old Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
Harbor Freight sells a great mouse mallet w/a large flat face, under $10. Don't whack 'em on the carpet, & don't ask how I know!! Chase 'em over the tile then- Whamo!! Just set still in the coach in the wee hours of the morning, and listen for the skittling sound. I tried a little mouse lariat first, thought it would be quick; man that was tough to learn the twirl & throw, and If you only get a leg the mouse can wriggle out. Mallet is the way to go. I got out the .22 cal pistol, but EngineerAnnie put a stop to that before I could get a shot off.

I keep some white electrical tape for marking wires, & just for fun I took to putting little white mouse tape outlines on the floor where I did the deed, to get a rise out of EngineerAnnie of course. But she was not amused. After the third or fourth time she made me stop. I tried saving the carcasses in a freezer zip-lock to make stew, but she put a stop to that also. Probably too much cayenne in that first batch. Or maybe if I'da skinned the little bodies first she wouldn't have objected to the bag in the freezer? Guess I'll never know. Live & learn. Now its just thump 'em & dump 'em.
Thats a good story Mike, . Others talk about cats. Back on the farm cats worked ok, but these domesticaed , RV cats have not been properly educated in survival situations. We had a cat that was terrified of a DEAD mouse in the TRAP. Maybe we should get a large mallet and a lariet rope. good wishes, it was good for a laugh, old trucker
Old Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #34

We had a cat for a while. Then I got the cat compactor. No more problems w/cats.