Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #1

For those of you who own the 36-MDDS: How much leg room is there on the passenger side? I saw a picture of Barbara & David O'Keeffe's 2002 and that seems like it is a tight fit and I was wondering if the newer models have more leg room?

---Thanks---

boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #2

For those of you who own the 36-MDDS: How much leg room is there on the passenger side? I saw a picture of Barbara & David O'Keeffe's 2002 and that seems like it is a tight fit and I was wondering if the newer models have more leg room?

---Thanks---

boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #3

Hi Knut & Susan

When I ordered my 36MMDS - I ordered an power seat with power foot rest. It requires that you slide the seat back all the way to use the foot rest - but can be reclined to make a comfortable/sleepable seat for the wife or myself when the other one drives. You could probably get a power seat installed - definitely worth it IMHO.

Rick
Old 12-03-2006, 05:24 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
The seat wasn't quite all the way back when the picture was taken, but the footrest can be extended if you want it and then also reclined. I never use the while traveling as we have two cats and one or the other is always sleeping at my feet - or in my lap, plus that is where I keep the maps and campground books, etc. Do use the footrest when in camp and we have the chairs turned around into the living area. The the passenger chair slides back into the alcove and makes a great seating arrangement for when you have guests.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #5

We like the 36 MDDS leg room on the passenger side. My wife uses the extended leg rest most of the time while traveling. You have to extend the seat back and up, but that's not a big deal.

We like the mid-door because we don't have to haul all our clothes, groceries, etc. all the way through the coach each time we load or unload it or vist the grocery store, and the awning is available in the rain.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #6

Alpine coaches prior to 2005 had a flaw where the passengers was mount too close to the dash to fully extend the footrest. The problem has since been resolved and older coaches can have the seat remounted farther back. Another wonderful improvement was made in 06. They moved the entry door back to give the dining room table more room. Lindsay