Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #1

I previously posted an issue with a high-pitched squeak in the vicinty of my door in my 2006 36 MDDS. I have spent many hours looking for this squeak, siliconed all my door seals and connections, looked for potential squeaky issues in the bays, etc. To date I had not found it and it was getting louder on some days, and almost non-existant other days.

I finally took the coach to my dealer, Holiday Motorhomes in Fife, WA, this week, and after 4 hours of work, they found the squeak by riding one person in the bay while driving it in a safe area.

Turns out we had a bracket slightly loose on the water tank, and it was just loose enough to squeak and echo up through the frame and body. It was so loud sometimes my co-pilot and I could hardly talk to each other.

After tightening the bolt, the squeak is gone. A couple other minor squeaks exist, but this is definitely the major squeak. Upon reflection, I determined the squeak got better when the water tank was full and worse when the tank use 1/2 full or less, which accounts for the issue with the loose bolt.

So, if you've got a squeak in this area, you might check the bolts holding the water tank to the frame

OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #2

I previously posted an issue with a high-pitched squeak in the vicinty of my door in my 2006 36 MDDS. I have spent many hours looking for this squeak, siliconed all my door seals and connections, looked for potential squeaky issues in the bays, etc. To date I had not found it and it was getting louder on some days, and almost non-existant other days.

I finally took the coach to my dealer, Holiday Motorhomes in Fife, WA, this week, and after 4 hours of work, they found the squeak by riding one person in the bay while driving it in a safe area.

Turns out we had a bracket slightly loose on the water tank, and it was just loose enough to squeak and echo up through the frame and body. It was so loud sometimes my co-pilot and I could hardly talk to each other.

After tightening the bolt, the squeak is gone. A couple other minor squeaks exist, but this is definitely the major squeak. Upon reflection, I determined the squeak got better when the water tank was full and worse when the tank use 1/2 full or less, which accounts for the issue with the loose bolt.

So, if you've got a squeak in this area, you might check the bolts holding the water tank to the frame
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote