Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #1

Has it been confirmed for whatever reason that Mike Glazier is leaving.From my standpoint he is one of the truly outstanding individuals at Alpine. I have had nothing but courteous and prompt responses from Mike from day one and He & I had some tough roads in the beginning. I hope that he is not leaving. Can anyone confirm or not?

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #2

Has it been confirmed for whatever reason that Mike Glazier is leaving.From my standpoint he is one of the truly outstanding individuals at Alpine. I have had nothing but courteous and prompt responses from Mike from day one and He & I had some tough roads in the beginning. I hope that he is not leaving. Can anyone confirm or not?

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #3

Ted,
I totally agree, Mike was one of the few people with any authority that would work with me and always be respectful and courteous. If Mike is gone it is a very dark day for WRV.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I can confirm that tomorrow, 4/12/07, will be Mike's last day at WRV. I have exchanged e-mail with him and know that he has taken a job in another non RV industry here in the Yakima Valley.

I too, am sorry to see him leave; I believe he has represented WRV exceptionally well for many years and I say this remembering some of the not so good issues we were able to work out. Mike was always considerate and professional in his interface with customers (at least all the ones I have come to know about)and I will miss him.

We can have pleaseure in knowing that Mike has moved on to new horizons. I wish him well and know he will be successful.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #5

I am also very sorry to see Mike leave. I never met him face to face but in the less than one year I have owned our coach I have had plenty of conversation with him, especially on our hydraulic hose leaks. He was very helpful and somebody I came to trust in dealing with issues on the coach. I always felt like Mike was honest with me, told me what he knew and didn't know, and was prompt in taking care of my warranty claims.

I hope WRV can find somebody that can replace him with his experience. It is people like Mike that establish a reputation for a company, and he was doing a great job of keeping my faith up in WRV and its potential to go forward. We all know that there have been issues with WRV's quality and service and they have been taking steps to address them. With Mike's ability to bridge the gap between the old WRV and hopefully the new one, he will be missed a lot in this effort.

WRV, you need to work hard to find a replacement for Mike that has his level of experience and create the confidence Mike did for a lot of your customers. And I think it's critical you do this if you want to get repeat buyers down the road.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #6

I too have exchanged Emails with Mike and am extremely sorry to see him leave WRV. I have had significant quality issues with my coach, Mike and the customer service he has provided, are why I still own the coach! He has worked diligently to ensure my and my wifes satisfaction with the work that was required to make the coach useable.

I wish Mike all the best as he goes on to new horizons!

It is imperative that WRV continue the customer service direction that Mike has established. For some of us, it is the only saving grace!
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #7

Probably everyone who has had any dealings with WRV recognizes that Mike is the very best they have to offer. I am certain that he is absolutely the primary factor influencing return customers. I have never seen a person in customer service as proactive as Mike and he will certainly be an asset to any company he works for. All the best Mike!

WRV now has a challenge to find someone to fill his shoes (if that is possible). Hopefully they won't under estimate the important role Mike performed.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
JOD

Howdy everyone i have asked Jody if i could use his log on to put in my two cents inregards to Mike Glazier. I have been involved with Western Recreation vehicles since since 1986 when i became the service manager for Uhlmann Rv. I can only say with out a doubt that Mike Glazier is on the finest people that i have ever met. I knew when ever there was an issue that i could not get resolved Mike was always the go to guy to get it handled. Mike has always been more than fair and he is one the most honest people i have ever met. 3 years a go i was asked to be come General Manager and my contact with Mike had deminished some but we would continue to talk and go over issues as they arrived. Last May we took on the Alpine Coach and again Mike and i were in direct communication.I am sure that the Alpine Coach members will miss Mike. I know i will truly miss him also. I spoke with Mike on the phone and wished him well and asked him to contact me in a month or two so i could keep track of him. Mike did reassure me this was a decision made on his own. I wish Mike and his family well and i beleive the new owners will make every effort to bring someone into this position that has the same qualitys.
Sincerly
Steve Lux
General Manager
Uhlmann RV
Old 04-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
We, too, had heard about Mike's departure, but not until after we returned home on Wednesday. We were at the factory off and on for 3 weeks, and Mike helped us in replacing the pilot and copilot chairs in our new Alpine...never slacking on his follow-up even though he obviously knew he was leaving. This kind of dedication is just phenomenal!

Like many of you, that was only one of several times we have interacted with Mike over the years, and he has always had the same level of dedication. We will miss him greatly!

Ron, please find someone really good to fill his shoes!! It will be critical to your ongoing efforts to improve customer service.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:56 AM   #10

Wow, WRV really should have pulled out the Big Bucks to try to keep Mike. No telling how many law suits he has saved them from. We became on a first name basis with them the first year, we had so may problems. Makes me want to sell my Alpine.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
We are in Orlando and have not been able to go on line for a week but we want to add our sincere regrets about the lose of Mike Glazierto WRV.

It is not an overstatement to say we were heart broken to find out he was leaving WRV. In the 4 years we have owned an Alpine, we have grown to greatly respect and appreciate Mike and his dedication to trying to do the right thing. Time after time he has diligently gone to bat for us to get things done. We have had so many quality issues with the Apex and Mike really shined at getting things done. However, we could hear the discouragement in his voice as time has gone on and there is only so much one can take in beating your head against the wall.

Although Mike has assured us in an email last week that his decision to leave had nothing to do with the new changes at WRV, and he was "looking for new challenges", he had to be exhausted from constantly "putting out fires". He also stated the Dave Kamppi and Phil Mattoon will pick up the torch and see that great work is done for all Alpine owners!

We can only wish Mike the best of luck in his new endeavors and trust he will have more time and energy for his family. But we can't help but lament our misfortune in loosing him as a man of integrity and principle! Thanks, Mike!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Well said, Tris & Carolyn! We couldn't agree more with all of your comments!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
We were at the factory for service on 4/10, and Mike made a special effort to talk with us about his decision to pursue other challenges. We certainly agree with all the nice things Alpine owners have to say about him. We experienced the same in another dimension, as we were always able to send comments we received from WRV owners at our website (RVers Online), and Mike was always able to resolve them. We agree as well that WRV really needs to have someone in that position that has the outstanding "customer relations" skills that Mike was able to provide. Every high end manufacturer needs have someone that its owners can relate to on a positive, trusted, and personal basis. We hope his duties are not simply reassigned to others without careful consideration of that fact.

Mike's reason for wanting to talk to us was to assure us that he was making the change for positive reasons, and really had mixed feelings about departing at this time when the past few months have apparently shown positive new directions. He didn't want his decision to be misinterpreted by Alpine owners -- and we respect that.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #14

I would like to share a portion of a personal note I received from Mike Glazier by e-mail prior to his last day with WRV. I think it sums everything up rather well. I too am sorry to see Mike move on, but respect his pursuit of a new challenge. I know we are all left in good hands. One of the true marks of a good manager is training persons that can carry on in your absence. Mike has certainly accomplished that. I can personally attest to the strong capabilities of Phil Mattoon, Dave Kamppi and Max Zackula. I know that there are others out there that will agree with me.

Thanks to all of you who have supported WRV during this transition. Your personal words of encouragement, sincere care for the people here, and appreciation for the products and services we provide means alot.

Burk Morgan

Burk,

Over the past several months I have watched Monomoy Capital Partners in action and I am very encouraged about the company's future. It is apparent to me that they are committed to product quality, customer service and strong dealer relations. WRV is headed in the right direction. My job change was strictly a personal decision that was motivated by my own desire for a different challenge. Monomoy management has been great to work with and had not this chance come along, I would love to have remained right here at WRV.

Mike