Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Has anyone elase noticed motor noise through the stereo when inverter is on? if so what is the resolution?

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Has anyone elase noticed motor noise through the stereo when inverter is on? if so what is the resolution?

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #3

In my experience, a ground loop isolator will correct this. My 04 has a "GLI" and I don't get that noise.

If you do a search, you should come up with multiple sources (~$40, I recall)
Old 02-03-2007, 07:09 AM   #4

I dont know the differences between model years but our early 2003 also has a 12v surround sound system (this wasnt a good idea) to consider in the equation. Looks like a "GLI" was installed between the radio and the surround sound (easily done since the connections are RCA jacks) but the real source of our noise (I suspect) is probably the 12v surround sound.

This GLI discussion renewed my interest but believe I'll have to "isolate" the leads to all five (six speakers counting the base [under the kitchen sink, behind the sofa]) surround speakers which I dont think are RCA jacked.

Thoughts?

dean
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #5

Dean,

If the noise is less like motor noise (doesn't vary in pitch with motor RPM) and more of hum occurring with TV audio (also noticeable if you turn TV volume down), and if you have the DHS sound system, then...

you may need a gain controller. WRV has the part number. It's available (or was) from
http://www.pie.net/ for around $35.

I installed one and was able to adjust the gain and remove a humming noise when the TV audio was piped through the DHS sound system.

I don't think it's neccessary to isolate all the speaker leads out of the DHS amp, as I believe the amp already isolates 12V source noise.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #6

Thanks Jim--your input gives me yet another area to consider. Frankly, I dont have a big concern with the system as is--most of the time, the modest buz thru the speakers resonates with my early on-set hearing loss anyway. When parked, the TV, disc player and FM radio are fine, its really just going down the road (engine RPMS/inverter)on AM radio and listening to my "Rush Fix" that gets impacted. Side-bar: I dug out the one-page warranty sheet from River Park Inc (makers of the DHS system) and one of only six issues specifically addressed in their warranty declaration is the EXCLUSION of "external static or noise." So what does that tell you about their so called "mobile" product?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #7

Dean.....We have River Park System in our 04 with the BUZZ. Like Jim we installed the gain controller from PIE and the "Buzz" went away. It seems like this "Buzz" only occurs with those MH's that have the River Park System.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Dean,I also had a early 03 with the the same problem.I was in getting some service done when this very good RV electical teck ask me who the heck wired my coach ? (the way it came from the factory) He said they were picking the power for the audio from the wrong place.He moved a couple wires around and end of problem.My 03 vin #was 74710 but I don't who ownes her now.She was a good one!I miss her.There has been many times I would have traded my 06 Apex for her!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #9

Bob....you are the second or third person who has mentioned a "rewire job" but no one can remember exactly what got rewired. Do you recall if it was in the battery section or somewhere upfront in the dash?...dean
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
It was in the battery compartment.