Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #1

No longer getting a picture on the monitor. Unable to locate a troubleshooting guide on the web. Anyone had any luck figuring out if there is any support for this product. I have the instruction booklet but it has no address of any type and does not list a manufacturer.
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #2

No longer getting a picture on the monitor. Unable to locate a troubleshooting guide on the web. Anyone had any luck figuring out if there is any support for this product. I have the instruction booklet but it has no address of any type and does not list a manufacturer.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #3

I see that the vehicle description did not get posted. 2002 36' mid door.
A search of the web for Mobile Video Products does not reveal anything about who manufactures these units. A lot of firms sell the MVP monitor system. The 'manual' that we have is for installation and offers nothing in regards to trouble shooting. Also, no web address or street address in the 'manual'. Anyone had their monitor just show a white screen?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #4

Beagle RC Air,

Try checking the coax cable that should be attached to the back side of the monitor. On my previous 2001 Alpine Coach, when I had this connection get loose, I would lose the picture.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #5

thanks Dale for your imput. The connections are tight and clean. The camera on rear seems to be dry inside looking thru the lens. Screen lights up but has no image. I was hoping that someone with video experience would jump in here and point me to the next step.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beagle RC Air:
thanks Dale for your imput. The connections are tight and clean. The camera on rear seems to be dry inside looking thru the lens. Screen lights up but has no image. I was hoping that someone with video experience would jump in here and point me to the next step. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To check the camera plug the monitor coax into a small portable TV. Put the portable TV on AV input setting. If you get a good image on the TV, then your MONITOR is bad. That happened to mine and I replaced my Monitor and all is fine now. I think the MVP is made by Mobile Video Products. Here is a retailer for yor system: Video System $489

Good luck - Glenn
Old 04-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #7

We have a 2002 Alpine that had the MVP backup camera system. Last fall, the screen quit showing a picture. Like yours, it would light, but showed just a grey screen. We couldn't match the input from the camera to another monitor, so we tried to splice a connection from Radio Shack. It didn't work, so our solution after contacting MVP was to buy a replacement system from an RV dealer and then had a separate technician install it. New system works and fits the space in the dash, but we lost the top, center, red light that had held the camera. Good luck with your replacement.
slflynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #8

Got our monitor going today. Changed coxial cable to different camera input on back of the monitor and shook cable vigorously. Not a very technical way to fix things but it is up and running again. Thanks for the responses.