Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper64060 View Post
Here is what I wound up with - the 2 side shades are power, the middle is manual. Mine is a mid door entry.
kinda what I'm gonna do.. leave the drape.. and put a one piece day solar screen
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #44

Alpine Owners Club
I have a really nice solar screen for the outside of mine. If I remember I'll post info on it. You can put it on by yourself without a ladder.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #45

I wanna do something different on the window coverings..

not really sold on the roll up shades.... it too much of a conference room ...office look to me..

I put drapes in my winnabago...but wondering of maybe another option????

they have the mcd nite shade with curtains..

https://youtu.be/9zyTGR7lTV4
Old 10-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #46

Magnificent job. You do have patience.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Magnificent job. You do have patience.
thanks,...some times I have to stand back and take a break ...look at it again..

I want it to be custom.. and thought out..
Old 10-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #48

well, more progress.... fought this from day one...

window coverings.......I don't like the projector screen look of pull down shades... since I was a kid they were always the cheep look at grandmas house

window coverings seem to go in trends,and the new trend is projector screens..few years from now everyone will be taking them out to go with a more custom finished look

this is what I came up with... and i'm at at 20' high block wall with ideas...
give your thoghts on this with ideas of different, and be critical as you want... that's evolution.. see what some one did and offer a better way..I would love to see out of the box i'm in as far as ideas..

so here's some pics... fire away
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03097.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	141216   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03098.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	141217  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03099.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	141218   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03100.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	141219  

Old 10-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #49

Wow.

Please describe process and products used to paint the walls/over the wall paper.

Thanks.

Brett
Old 10-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
Wow.

Please describe process and products used to paint the walls/over the wall paper.

Thanks.

Brett
I used behr paint primer... egg shell..I sized the walls (scraped lightly with a razor blade) this will take a little of the shiney glaze off the walls,... just use light pressure..this will also find and purtrusions ...washed the walls with with degreaser,then wipe'd clean with clear water.. when washing I used a scrubby pad...
to get the pro look on the edges... get some edge lock blue tape... and use clear paintable caulking in a small bead on the edge..run your finger down the edge to wipe the cauking down..

I used a 1.5 sash tool to paint most. 6'' Winnie,, and a hand full of assorted artist brushes

the trick here is to take your time.....tape everwhere that you might slip.. you don't want to try to clean up.... it's easier to touch up than clean up

I don't have paint any where it's not supposed to be .. and every where it is supposed to be.... al my lines are straight arrow...

when you think you are all done.... shake what left in the gallon...open the can and use the lid as an artist pallet, grab a handful of assorted artist brushes and go touch up any little spots ..keep a clean painters rag at all times.. and a little glass of water... if the paint is not flowing good.. dip your brush in the water and mix the paint up on the lid... when you run out of paint on the lid..... go wash the lid... you don't want what ever skinned up to get in you paint job... or in the gallon when you put the lid back on... if you have a different lid.....( I keep everything..lol) put that or some plastic over the gallon....never ever ever ever take a open gallon of paint in the motorhome and set it on the floor or cabinet

take the pocket door off and out of the motorhome and paint them there

I used shop towels in stead of drop cloths to cover the floors and counters....

have fun... post some pics

the guy at the paint store LOL'd when I told him all the samples were the wrong color.. and had him mix a custom color for me
Old 10-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #51

Excellent.

Ours is still in like-new condition. Have your post filed away for future use.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #52

also...did all the window for 150 bucks
Old 10-11-2016, 06:26 AM   #53

Can you share any tips on redoing the slide drawer in the center dash console? Ours will not stay in anymore. Your work is fantastic!
Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamacre View Post
Can you share any tips on redoing the slide drawer in the center dash console? Ours will not stay in anymore. Your work is fantastic!
haven't had to do anything to mine... but my guess is there's velco in there and maybe just replace it??
Old 10-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #55

Simple fix. Go to any hardware store and ask for the stainless steel pressure strips that you attach to the slide area of an old style wooden double hung window. Pull your drawer all the way out, and screw one pressure strip to the bottom of the base cabinet with an extension on your screw gun. Now, drawer will hold firm at any location. Works great!!
Old 10-12-2016, 07:35 AM   #56

I just found out that there is more than one style of pressure spring mentioned above.

You can find the correct spring by doing a Google search for the following:

Prime line F2538 wood window sash spring

Cost: $2.33

Cheaper than a cup of coffee.
Closed Thread