Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
My Alpine coach won't start

Hello everyone! I just replaced the stock VHS and DVD player in my coach my question is there any way I could have blown a fuse or pulled a wire loose that would effect the ability to start the motor on my coach???? All the work was done above the drivers side next to the TV. I just purchased new batteries less than three months ago, I'm parked at the TT Thunderbird Monroe, WA plugged into power, my batteries are fully charged, when I turn the key on none of the check this or wait to start lights come on this screen is totally black. The backup camera comes on and I can use the hydraulic levelers so it seems like there is power to the ignition switch but that's it no idiot lights no STARTING of the motor. The starter will not engage, nothing happens. Is there a fuse or switch I could have bumped I have never had any issue of this coach not starting. This so odd PLEASE HELP. Thanks.
edschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2016, 06:24 PM   #2

Did you check the fuse box in the battery compartment?
Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
My Alpine coach won't start

Ed, the leveler so run off the house batteries, not the chassis batteries. The symptoms you describe indicate you have no (or too low) voltage on the chassis side, while you are plugged in the chassis side does not charge. Did you turn off the chassis battery cutoff switch in the battery compartment? What is the voltage when read at the chassis battery, saying your batteries are fully charged does not answer the question, we need the actual voltage to the tenth of a volt on the starting (chassis) batteries.

Other than that I would look at the ignition switch.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Ed, the leveler so run off the house batteries, not the chassis batteries. The symptoms you describe indicate you have no (or too low) voltage on the chassis side, while you are plugged in the chassis side does not charge. Did you turn off the chassis battery cutoff switch in the battery compartment? What is the voltage when read at the chassis battery, saying your batteries are fully charged does not answer the question, we need the actual voltage to the tenth of a volt on the starting (chassis) batteries.

Other than that I would look at the ignition switch.
Hi Dave happy Easter. I checked the voltage at the chassis batteries 12.53 volts should be just fine. I also checked the fuses in the battery compartment no problem there. when I turn the key to the running lights come on bright and the turn signal lights work there is no apparent lose wire or funny feel to the ignition switch. I disconnected both battery switches and reset the vansco units. I have removed the panel by the front door to reveal the vansco unit inside the coach I can see red lights go on and off with the resetting of the unit I can't see any red lights on the vansco unit in the battery compartment. Any ideas??
edschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
You should have lights on both Vansco units. I would look for a power problem with the rear one.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote