Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
AMEN EM! And Old Scout ... interestingly our coach had AGM batteries when we bought it (private party) which caught fire driving it home. I doubt the AGM batteries are the "cause" but probably installation quality and methodology. The dealer that fixed our fire damage found 1 - cable laying on the hold-down bracket with a 1" long bare spot. We assume that it was the "cause" but will never really know. FWIW - We now have wet cells and I think they're just fine.

Excuse me for sounding a little philosophical but we remain VERY nervous about any unusual noises or other strange occurrences because of the battery fire (popping sound) and ALWAYS check the batteries & cables. If you remain "nervous" when traveling then you're probably being as cautious as possible. And even if you've never experienced what Dale & I have been through ... TRUST ME ... you should follow the suggestions provided in this thread religiously!!! An ounce of prevention ....
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale777 View Post
Albins are similar, but its a Ranger Tug R27. See this link:

R-27 | Rangertugs

See this link for the tugnuts forum:

http://www.tugnuts.com/index.php
Nice looking boat. Just an RV without wheels. Enjoy your new life style.

Mark
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
Dale & Karin - We were shocked to read your post. We had not heard about the fire and your misfortune!!! Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We plan on not traveling as much this year but doing more of the SoCal Rallies close to home and still do FMCA in Indiana this summer.

We have enjoyed knowing you guys and the lively exchanges. If you get tired of boating, we will welcome you back to RVing with the ACA - remember prior members with sobs still qualify to be ALPINERS!

Best of everything to you -
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Dale & Karin,

So glad you are both OK and on to new water adventures. Be safe and enjoy.

Ingrid & Jim

Brandywine
Jim & Ingrid McIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Dale & Karin,

All of ACA shares my joy at your safety and our loss of your wit, wisdom and always helpful answers..

Karin had invited us to stop in for a cruise when we get to Florida next year, hope the invitation still holds

40' MD Apex
Paul "Sully" Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul "Sully" Sullivan View Post
Dale & Karin,

All of ACA shares my joy at your safety and our loss of your wit, wisdom and always helpful answers..

Karin had invited us to stop in for a cruise when we get to Florida next year, hope the invitation still holds
Paul,

Certainly, the invitation still holds for the cruise in Florida! The invitation is also open to other Alpine Coach owners that we have met over the years.

We are having a great time cruising up and down the southwest coast of Florida from Ft. Myers Beach. That is the only thing that lets me momentarily forget that I no longer have an Alpine Coach. Otherwise, I get really, really upset.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #35
M&J

Dale, sorry to hear about the loss of your coach. I hope you enjoy the boating life and want to thank you again for your info on the brake controller installation you gave me a year ago.

Good luck and happy boating!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
Dale:
We are very sorry to hear about the loss of your coach, but are very glad to hear neither of you were hurt. I will miss your humor and your advice. If you ar ever up near Destin Fl stop in and say hi we have a deep water dock on th ICW.
Good luck with the tug, now all the water leaks will come from the bottom instead of the top.
Janet&Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet&Sid View Post
Dale:
We are very sorry to hear about the loss of your coach, but are very glad to hear neither of you were hurt. I will miss your humor and your advice. If you ar ever up near Destin Fl stop in and say hi we have a deep water dock on th ICW.
Good luck with the tug, now all the water leaks will come from the bottom instead of the top.
Janet & Sid,

Who knows? We could end up cruising around Destin. We bought the boat at Wefings Marine in Eastpoint, FL - just down the coast from Destin. We are likely to be in that area again. If so, we will look you up. Do you have a boat?
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Dale, no boat, just the land yacht. Hope to see you if you are in the area.
Janet&Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #39

Dale, my name is Gary Patterson, and I am the lucky one who gets to make the repairs to your former coach, lol. I have started a new thread on the repair of this coach. Any information such as wiring diagrams or contacts on who might can assist with this repair would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any photos of the coach especially of the battery compartment area would be very usefull. My email is gpatterson319@gmail.com

Here is the link to me thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/2006...ir-130658.html

thanks,
Gary
Old 07-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #40

Barrery hold down plates made of 3/8" ABS and plastic hose covered hold down rods made me feel safer.
Big Foot II is offline   Reply With Quote