Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
That 2001 40 footer at DeMartini .... RV Deals is more than likely a coach in very good shape. We purchased our Alpine there and all of their RV's were in top shape. I would not be afraid to buy a coach from DeMartini. But buy it right.

Only thing we wish we had in our 2000 is Hydro Hot too. I think my next add on, having done the tv, fireplace, kitchen garage ect. will be Hydro Hot. Since we are in Indiana, I'm sure we can find someone to install it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Ooh, ooh.... kitchen garage.....

Photos???

Old 12-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #17

In this economy I don't think book value means much except to compare one unit/model against another. The real value of anything is what the buyer is willing to pay. Cash is king, and you have it. If I were in your position, I would offer less than what you think the unit is worth, to you. The dealer can either accept your offer, reject your offer, or counter-offer. It's a negotiation, after all. You shouldn't be afraid to make an insultingly low offer. After all, most dealers insult us with ridiculously high asking prices because they know many potential buyers don't have much leverage or have the RV buying bug, big time.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Tom.....How about a picture or 2 of your Kitchen Garage? That sounds cool.

Jeff
Old 12-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #19

Ok, I'll bite. I think we've gotten all we're going to get out of the discussion on NADA pricing.

Kitchen garage?

If your going to hi-jack my thread, do it right! PICTURES!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry I hijacked the thread. I did stay somewhat on subject by mentioning the 2001 Alpine:-)

Pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-364911126.png
Views:	48
Size:	887.6 KB
ID:	16234   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-785199012.png
Views:	46
Size:	843.4 KB
ID:	16235  

Old 12-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Below Low Retail? Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Man View Post
Is the consensus still 20-30% below low retail?
Our local volume dealer regularly has decent coaches on the lot at Wholesale (78% of the NADA Avg Retail is a good estimate, if you don't have a dealer's copy of NADA).

Of three DPs bought within our circle of friends this year, all were in top condition. The higher mileage ones went for 10% under wholesale and a little under Low Retail. Another with steady use and moderate miles sold for Low Retail. One of the high mileage rigs was resold at a modest profit.

Some of these units are still being acquired very cheaply by dealers. The average offer I've gotten for mine in trade is 10-15% under book wholesale. And, I've heard of auctions where dealers bought as low as 60% of the wholesale price. Even in the former case, with a $100K coach, that means a buyer could conceivably offer $75K against an asking price of $105,000 and still be providing the dealer with $7K profit. In the rarer latter cases, an sales price of more than $43K would garner a profit