Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #1

Need 2001 Paint Codes..lost water heater door.

I need the paint codes for a 2001 Alpine. There is one set of codes in the Archives...but not the color of my coach. Does anyone have the paint codes for the beige and maroon over white scheme? The codes in the archives is silver, black over white.

We lost our water heater door this holiday weekend...the wife opened it to check the on/off switch, and didn't get the door properly secured evidently. Now I have to find one and paint it to match the coach..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
on our gtowne there is a label in one of the cupboards, other alternative is some shops can computer read your paint on the mh and match it good thing about this method is it matches perfect as it reads the paint as it is now
brianj

Old 05-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
on our gtowne there is a label in one of the cupboards, other alternative is some shops can computer read your paint on the mh and match it good thing about this method is it matches perfect as it reads the paint as it is now
brianj

Good idea...I haven't looked in alll the cupboards, I had another coach that had it there as well.

I am a certified painter (Stan's Customs)...and am familar with paint matching. This really depends on several factors and is not as reliable as having the actual code, and tweaking it if age has changed the color some..
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #4

paint codes

stan
if yours is the cinnabark color scheme i have the codes. I will be at the coach tomorrow. pm me and we can get them to you

sandy and debi
2001 34' fdds
Old 06-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
stan
if yours is the cinnabark color scheme i have the codes. I will be at the coach tomorrow. pm me and we can get them to you

sandy and debi
2001 34' fdds
I'm not sure what the scheme is..because I don'thave any literature, BUT it has a base white color with beige/champaign top and bottom corners. Then it has three stripes...two are a brownish color and the lower one is a cinnamon or maroon metallic , sooo ...Cinnabark would be a likely name for the color scheme I would think.

I will send a PM and thanks for the help..

Best regards...
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Stan:

On the paint charts, that red/maroon color is called Alpine Red Metallic. IIRC it was used on the Summer Bronze and Cinnabark color schemes, which match each other. It can be found over several years. Check the Tech Section of the ACA website. I have several years of color formulas if you need it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2003 Alpine Red Metallic.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	10749  
Old 06-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #7

takepride:

What I really need is the code for the beige metallic stripe that goes acrross the water heater door on a 2001..

The red metallic is lower down..

I have found several white base color codes...but no beige metallics in the archives, at least for the 2001.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #8

Still don't have paint codes...but did get my new water heater dor from PPL today.

What a pos. Nothing like the one that came on the coach in 2001...at least in quality. It's made to look like the old one but , it's really flimsy an fits poorly...for $70 too! The metal is warped it's so light gauge..and will rattle for sure, unless I put a rubber seal around it.

Not that PPL is at fault.. it is Chinese made and marketed by Suburban. Far from the quality they made back in 2001.

Bummer..
Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #9

I believe your coach is the same color as ours. I posted the paint codes a couple of years back and thought they were also on the ACA site.
J Rod Sprague 2000 38 foot
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #10

Just did a search on IRV 2 (Alpine coach 2000 paint codes) and the post I sent still shows up. I had to match the paint for repairs. The paint supplier called Industrial finishes and received the formula. (December of 2009) Paint store first tried their matching system and it did not match.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Industrial Finishes numbers for Champagne/Pewter colors:
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #12

Thanks JRod and takepride..

I appreciate the help as always. It looks like the general consensus is that the beige color codes for the Model 2000(JRod) and 2003 (takepride)....is the same as my 2001?

Correct?

I didn't know that initally...and the reason I was slow on the uptake. In my business...year models make a difference most of the time. I was looking for 2001 specific info.

EDIT: But wait...mine doesn't have any charcoal colors at all....its all brown , beige, cinnamon ?, etc...

Thanks ..
Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Stan:

WRV re-used many of the colors and added one here and there to make different color schemes. The Champagne/Pewter colors seemed consistent.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Stan:

WRV re-used many of the colors and added one here and there to make different color schemes. The Champagne/Pewter colors seemed consistent.
Roger that ... and thank you.