Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:49 AM   #1
We are heading back west and are on the road just about everyday for the next week or so...and my inverter is not charging. I can use the inverter side, just not the charger side so my batteries go down overnight.

My question is, I do have a 6/12 volt charger that I can clip on....but need some guidance on which posts to clip to? I have 6 house that are all linked up...so can I just select any one of the 6 volt batteries and clip to one of the (+) and (-) posts and will that send the trickle across all 6 batteries?

Also on this point...does the Xantrex battery indicator on the panel represent the house or chassis battery? Then does the other battery indicator panel where it shows all the tank levels etc. represent the opposite?

Thanks for the assistance!

Eusefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 AM   #2
Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Looking front to back, notice you have 3 pairs of 6 volt batteries in series (connected negative to positive to make 12 vdc across the pair. The 3 pairs are connected in parallel (all the positive terminals connected together and all the negative terminals connected together. So you can connect your charger across the pair in front (more accessable) or the big positive & negative studs in the back of the compartment to charge the entire bank of six. Be sure to set your charger to 12 volts.

Basil & Sue Shannon
Former Apex owner (Gary & Renee have it now)
Was Traveling Circus (2 clowns/Sage the Wonder Dog) Tent rotted. Circus folded.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
thanks Basil.....appreciate the clear instructions and got it hooked up now that way so hopefully we can keep the batteries up this way till we get the Inverter looked at in Knoxville Monday.
Eusefull is offline   Reply With Quote