Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #1

When we received our SE Limited at Nashville, it had a few issues that were to be addressed by WRV. they were:
1. paint chips on left side of coach
2. 3M diamond shield defects on front
3. cracked windshield on passenger side

We have been in contact with WRV and were just asked by WRV if we have a place locally that we wanted to take it. Since I dont know of any place locally I am asking if any of you have had experiences with any of these issues and have had repairs by either WRV or on your own at a shop that you would recommend to me.

We live near Palm Springs, Redlands and Riverside (each about 20-30 minutes away) but obviously can drive further.

If any of you have suggestions... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hugh
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #2

When we received our SE Limited at Nashville, it had a few issues that were to be addressed by WRV. they were:
1. paint chips on left side of coach
2. 3M diamond shield defects on front
3. cracked windshield on passenger side

We have been in contact with WRV and were just asked by WRV if we have a place locally that we wanted to take it. Since I dont know of any place locally I am asking if any of you have had experiences with any of these issues and have had repairs by either WRV or on your own at a shop that you would recommend to me.

We live near Palm Springs, Redlands and Riverside (each about 20-30 minutes away) but obviously can drive further.

If any of you have suggestions... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hugh
Old 02-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #3

hr,

Try Guarantee RV in Indio. They are authorized WRV dealers: 1-888-331-5786. If they can't do the work, they may have some recommendations.

sdcyclist
Old 02-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
hr,

CORRECTED:
A friend of mine just got his 2 piece windshield re-seated at:

<STRIKE>ACACIA RV, 295 N. Hermosa, Colton, CA 92324, (909) 824-9674</STRIKE>
Anaheim Glass, 542 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805 (714) 535-4940

I believe Dave Fernandez provided the referal for Acacia RV to us @ DRR last month.

Acacia might not be the closest to you, much less Anaheim, but my friend said Anaheim did a good job re-seating both windshields, and fortunately didn't break them when removing them!
Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #5

Hugh..........Our 04 is at "The Paint Department" in Chino right now getting both windshields replaced (vandalism at storge yard) and some paint work from the rocks being throw at coach. I just got back from checking on it and I am very happy with their workmanship. They are right off 60 freeway at Mountain Ave. They do alot of paint and body work on high end coaches Country Coaches; Prevost etc.......Only fault I can see is that they take along time to do the work. Ours has been there since 01/05/07......given the quality of the work the time issue is not a big deal to me. Although we might not be able to make Las Vegas Rally . Send me a private message if you want more info.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #6

sdcyclist, I have Guaranty in Indio doing the rest of my warranty work (awaiting parts right now) and they dont do any of the work I need but thanks for the tip. you ride road or mountain?... I used to race road and track but after a REALLY bad accident gave both up and now ride just mountain (full suspension Specialized disc brakes )

Jeff, I will probably try the shop the Mike and Nancy suggested in Chino since it sounds like they can "do it all". Dave had given me the Acacia referral before but I wasnt too sure if they did the paint part.

Mike.. thanks! Really sorry to hear about the vandalism on your coach. It must have been heartbreaking. I will give you a PM about this shop, sounds like what I am looking for. Hope you can make the LV rally!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike & Nancy:
Our 04 is at "The Paint Department" in Chino </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The same friend I referred to in my post above receives subbed out work from The Paint Dept. He said they do excellent work, but they definately work slow, AND they are expensive. They wanted $10k just to remove decal stripes and paint the same pattern back on his previous Class A gas (he thought that was outrageous).
Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #8

Well.. as long as WRV is paying, I will hope that they will approve of the place. Will keep them in mind in case WRV baulks at the $$$

10K to remove stripes and re-stripe is high. I had our last MH Re-striped for about 4K I think about 2 years ago, and had some custom graphics put on to boot. (Stripes and Graphics in Riverside)
Old 02-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Hugh - We had the Paint Dept do a lot of work on our '03 Coach - We were less than pleased as they took about 4 X as long as they said - the price kept going up and they did not complete everything. I would be more inclined to go to Dave's recommendation of Acacia - they do paint work and Dave has always been extremely satisfied. If you want to know more - send me a private post or we will see you in Las Vegas!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #10

I just called Acacia and have an appointment to take it by for an estimate on Tuesday after we get back from LV

See you in Las Vegas!