Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #1

New 99 Alpine owner just joined the forum

Hello all well my wife and I just bought a well used (250,000 miles) alpine
Pretty much scared to death of the potential issues but at least as opposed to a boat I don't have to worry about drowning

Just a brief list from my first tour. Window shades have some broken strings who fixes them?
Some fog in the windows is there a fix?
Floor in the bathroom is soft anybody made that repair yet

Cruise control won't disengage with brake application
Passenger side headlight is loose within the housing like the adjusters have rotted

What other issues should I be aware of?
Is there any listing of trusted shops on this site. I live in the Jacksonville Florida area
Thanks for any help

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Flo...PINE-121165656
Kennzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Day night shade strings are a DIY , kits with instructions available at RV parts stores. A little fiddly but doable.
Some places can repair fogging of dual pane RV windows. A member in your area may know of one.
Cruise control not shutting off, first thing to check is brake light fuse.
If you can post a picture of the headlight and a good adjuster, maybe we can figure out their automotive application.

Soft floor.
Info on posting pictures is in the " FAQ " drop box ; center of the dark blue bar , under the Google search box.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Shades are an easy DIY project here is a link showing how to do it.

RV Geeks Videos: Window blinds
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #4

Thanks for replies guys
Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Welcome to iRV2.

Day night shade strings are a DIY , kits with instructions available at RV parts stores. A little fiddly but doable.

Some places can repair fogging of dual pane RV windows. A member in your area may know of one.

Cruise control not shutting off, first thing to check is brake light fuse.

If you can post a picture of the headlight and a good adjuster, maybe we can figure out their automotive application.

Soft floor.

Info on posting pictures is in the " FAQ " drop box ; center of the dark blue bar , under the Google search box.

Guess I'll need to figure out if it's a roof leak or toilet leak it's pretty much seems to be focused around the toilet base are they conventionally sealed with a wax ring
Old 03-03-2017, 11:10 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Bathroom Floor.
Had the same issue with mine. In my case, WRV did not seal the wheel well and water got on the wood of the bathroom floor, causing wood rot. Solution was to cut out the old floor in that toilet area and replace with plywood. Did this 6 years ago along with sealing the wheel well and no problem since.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #7

Cruise not disengaging

Another poster indicated brake light fuse. You may also want to check the brake light switch - to start, check to see if the brake lights are functioning properly when brake engaged. If they are, the cruise control operates off that switch to disengage when brake is engaged, thus it then indicates the problem may be with the cruise itself. If brake lights not working, the brake light switch may need replacing or servicing since it is not sending the signal from the switch to the brake lights and cruise disconnect.

My brake light switch on my 2001 is under the coach beneath the brake pedal where it goes through the floor. My brake lights were not working, I was able to unscrew a weatherproof cap on the switch and squirt some silicone spray into the protected area which freed up the actuator. Back in action. You will see the third wire for the cruise control disconnect tapped into the brake light wires leading from the switch. Plenty of room under the coach to sit up in the void to check this out.

Good luck!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #8

Brake lights we're in fact the switch under the coach. Fiddling with the connector brought them back to life ziptied the connector togeather as it wasn't seating properly
Old 04-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #9

Welcome to iRV2. The bathroom floor sounds like a roll-up sleeves issue that will take some work to correct. If water intrusion is from the outside, a window or roof, take care of that first. Stop the source of the damage before making repairs. Great to see another 99 owner on the forum!
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum