Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2016, 08:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StansCustoms View Post
Where are you located?
We are in Mexico right now but last summer we used it in Wisconsin with temps down in the 40's F. and in the Mountains near Yellowstone where it also got down into the 40's
SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #30

Ok...thanks, mine just doesn't perform well.

In fact I tried it this morning...outside temp about 45/50 degrees with the small front that blew in.

I left it on went in the house for 15 /20 minutes and went back out to the coach. I couldn't tell if it made any difference at all...zero.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by StansCustoms View Post
Ok...thanks, mine just doesn't perform well.

In fact I tried it this morning...outside temp about 45/50 degrees with the small front that blew in.

I left it on went in the house for 15 /20 minutes and went back out to the coach. I couldn't tell if it made any difference at all...zero.
Something is not working. Mine blows very warm air withing 30 seconds of starting up at those temps.
SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:25 AM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
You can replace an a/c with a new one. Take the control board out of the new one and replace it with the control board from the old unit and it will work with the 5 button thermostat. Dometic will email you a step by step procedure for swapping the boards. The control board that they will sell you for a $100 to make the new a/c work with the 5 button thermostat is the same as the one in your old a/c.

08 34-ft fdds
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMunsil View Post
You can replace an a/c with a new one. Take the control board out of the new one and replace it with the control board from the old unit and it will work with the 5 button thermostat. Dometic will email you a step by step procedure for swapping the boards. The control board that they will sell you for a $100 to make the new a/c work with the 5 button thermostat is the same as the one in your old a/c.

08 34-ft fdds
Well that sure beats the heck out of replacing the whole system...

I'm waiting for a reply from them today..thru PPL.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:20 AM   #34

OK--think we were here at post #5 [smile].....Stan, didnt you say you had a 4-button stat??????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:24 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
OK--think we were here at post #5 [smile].....Stan, didnt you say you had a 4-button stat??????
You are right post #5 is very similar, I guess I misinterpreted it?

I didn't know what thermostat I had...but I just went to see, and it IS a 4 button.

What does that mean in this scenario?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #36

Not sure but suspect the older 4-button stat. may be a problem for you. Pretty sure the PPL techs will be able to sort this out for you--they were great with me.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #37

Alpine Owners Club
I think Old Scout may be correct the 4 button stat may be a problem.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #38

Smile mine works

have a 2001 and both airconditioners have heat pumps
replaced rear unit and added ten button thermostat plus a new board to the front unit to make it compatible with the ten button thermostat
still using older front unit equipped with the heat pump
heat pump is controlled by a reversing valve. on my unit the reversing valve is activated for cool and inactive in the heat phases. problem was when i turned on air for the front unit i got heat. solved the problem byadding an adapter post to the relay that started the compressor so that whenever the compressor is activated the reversing coil is activated. front unit only produces cool. I asked for support from three different groups,paid for one and they all said it
can't be done.just returned from ten day trip and both units worked fine
bmbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbrad View Post
have a 2001 and both airconditioners have heat pumps
replaced rear unit and added ten button thermostat plus a new board to the front unit to make it compatible with the ten button thermostat
still using older front unit equipped with the heat pump
heat pump is controlled by a reversing valve. on my unit the reversing valve is activated for cool and inactive in the heat phases. problem was when i turned on air for the front unit i got heat. solved the problem byadding an adapter post to the relay that started the compressor so that whenever the compressor is activated the reversing coil is activated. front unit only produces cool. I asked for support from three different groups,paid for one and they all said it
can't be done.just returned from ten day trip and both units worked fine
Thanks! .... good to know!

Tags
thermostat