Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #1

if interested, look at the new pics of the new Alpine front door mid entertainment in the Limited series. This is a 40 footer
FDME pics

hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #2

if interested, look at the new pics of the new Alpine front door mid entertainment in the Limited series. This is a 40 footer
FDME pics

Old 02-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Hugh!

But what happened to all the big windows that attracted me to Alpine in the first place? Also the paint scheme misses the slide outs and looks like about a 2002 or earlier model with all that white.

Also there are so many slides that they eliminate the SmartBeds. Looks like SOB.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #4

The Limited was basically out of production for a while after the patented SmartBed "option" became standard and all coaches were SE's for a time.

The new Limited is reconfigured to offer a lower price point, and create interest in the brand from move-up and 1st time buyers who are disatisfied w/production motorhomes made of particle board and formaldehyde. It has air leveling (no HWH jacks) like the Country Coach, and side-swing basement doors like the Newell (to recalim those few inches of headroom you lose to the swing-up door under a room slide), fully rotating tires like the Rolls Royce Corniche convertible, and a fully transparent, one piece windshield like the Lambourgini Diablo (tho a teeny bit more elevated driving position). And of course it is offered w/the Peak chassis standard at no additional cost.

The side swing basement access is, IMHO, a big improvement over the upswing doors of my 06. The differences in paint and a plainer variety of cabinet are to keep the MSRP down.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
What is the MSRP of these stripped down units? Are they back down to the price of an entry level diesel?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #6

I dont recall the exact price, but it was around 290K. As EMike said, this coach has air leveling, this particular coach was a 40', triple slide, no smart beds (those are on the limited), driver and passenger seats are the lower level captains chairs by Flexsteel, no residential refer, etc etc as EMike alluded to. Because of less equipment the CCC is over 4000 lbs. Missing are the large curb side windows due to the kitchen on that side. Really, still a lot of coach for the $$$$, if you like the floor plan, which I do in some ways, but dont in others (primarily the loss of curb side windows)
Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
The only minus we see in the floor plan is that the kitchen is on the passenger side. That is where the best view is usually found.

With that refer up front, I'd never have to ask Patty to get me a Diet Coke....just jump up, spin around, and back in the seat in under 8 seconds.

Thanks for the pictures Hugh and Cyndi! See you two in Ocean Mesa
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 AM   #8

I hope I am not in the lane next to you when you get your diet Coke!! My coach handles and tracks very well, but 8 seconds by itself is pushing it.

See you at Ocean Mesa.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #9

Just need to put it on cruise first
Old 02-27-2008, 06:41 AM   #10

I saw this new floorplan at Pomona yesterday. I was prepared not to like it because of how it looked in photos, but in person it is a really nice option to the floorplans we have become used to for so long. I think some people will really like it, and that plan in the entry-level Limited model looks like a real bargain after my hours of looking over many coaches from other manufactuers. I still prefer the "conventional" Alpine floorplans, but then I'm "old school". In general, I could not believe how much the looks and space of the '09's has changed since my '05 model.

Kudos to WRV for building a beautiful coach!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #11

One additional note that occured to me is that if you look at the new Alpines, WRV has taken in some of our suggestions. When you look in the shower, you will see a brand new MOEN shower control!!!! Too bad they didnt switch out all of the faucets with Moens!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #12

I chuckled when I saw that too. Now you won't get that initial scalding before having it changed!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
See, they do listen to us at the Focus Group, Hugh.

At least it is a start, but I too was disappointed that they have stayed with the less expensive faucets, in the kitchen especially, even in the higher priced SE.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Rick:

I have to agree. When I saw the photos I was skeptical. I took a look at it on Wednesday and was impressed. Like a few others, I want big windows on the PS and a kitchen there just doesn't cut it.

Another drawback was that the "livingroom" area of the coach seemed squeezed into a tiny space even though the couches, etc. are the same sizes as the older layouts have.

Of all the floorplans, I still love the FDTS best. Big windows, huge bedroom and no patio slide. I'd be even happier if they ever made that floorplan with a mid-door entry. Unfortunately, the mid-doors always revert to the smaller bedroom layout with tiny aisles.

But it still was pretty nice.