Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #1

Hi everyone - I have greatly enjoyed reading all about the Alpine Coaches. It helped us make our decision. We are trading in our 1993 Safari Chev 454/Banks for a 1998 Alpine, 325 Diesel. This will be our first diesel and we are excited about future trips. We do the Tacoma to Pullman "commute" for football weekends at Washington State University. It will be a bit of a challenge to "Cougarize" the interior as it is the bland beige but I'm sure I can come up with something. This coach only has 31,000 miles on it so it isn't even broken in yet. Any advice for a new diesel user that I may have missed while reading the whole forum back to 2003? Just kidding - I haven't read all of it - yet ---- Thanks in advance and look forward to keeping up with the postings in the future.

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #2

Hi everyone - I have greatly enjoyed reading all about the Alpine Coaches. It helped us make our decision. We are trading in our 1993 Safari Chev 454/Banks for a 1998 Alpine, 325 Diesel. This will be our first diesel and we are excited about future trips. We do the Tacoma to Pullman "commute" for football weekends at Washington State University. It will be a bit of a challenge to "Cougarize" the interior as it is the bland beige but I'm sure I can come up with something. This coach only has 31,000 miles on it so it isn't even broken in yet. Any advice for a new diesel user that I may have missed while reading the whole forum back to 2003? Just kidding - I haven't read all of it - yet ---- Thanks in advance and look forward to keeping up with the postings in the future.

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #3

Congratulations on your purchase of the Alpine. Nice to hear from you and good luck with your new Alpine. I would hope that being a 98 that all the bugs have probably been worked out. Good luck & congratulations.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Virginia:

Congratulations on your new purchase of a 1998 Alpine. Should you have any questions please post on them on IRV2 as I know that someone will have the answer. I hope you have many years of trouble free service and you enjoy your Alpine as much as Donna and I have enjoyed ours. I hope you join us at one of our ACA Rallies and you may also want to contact our North West Region of ACA (NoWACA)nowaca01@alpinecoachassociation.com and join them on one of their Rallies
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
As they say, Virginia... nothing zooms through Chinook Pass like an Alpine (once the pass opens )
Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #6

I'd be very tempted to trot it on over to Cummins-NW for fluids, lube, filters, etc. Check coolant chemistry, and so on. Get a good baseline to start. And, assuming that the '98 had a serpentine belt, a new one would be a good investment! How old are the tires? May be originals with such low mileage and they may be developing sidewall checking! Remember, WRV is just a short jog down from the path to Pullman. Call for any issues and an appointment beforehand. And a confirming email to them with issues helps when you get there.

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:19 AM   #7

Would you believe that the place we bought it from called yesterday and delayed the pick up! But --- it was good news - they were going through their pre delivery check list - there was a problem with the inverter - something that needed a trip to the Cummins shop and they couldn't get it in until Monday - so we decided to wait til next Sat for pickup. They also noticed that it had the original tires. They contacted the owner that had placed it for consignment - he agreed to take less and they are going to put all new tires on --- I am very impressed with the customer service at Johnson RV in Portland, OR. By the way, this is not costing us any extra on our purchase price. I feel we got a VERY good deal and a good trade in on our Safari. I know what tires can cost and inverter work is not cheap. If I remember correctly - there is a 200 point check list that we have to go over when we pick the unit up. I will keep everyone posted on how everything turns out.

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Virginia,

Great to have another Alpine Coach owner. You clearly are an RV'er with great taste and a discerning eye.

I've received very good service from Ulhmann's RV. They are just off I-5 south of Chehalis. I've had the coach in three times for upkeep. All three times they have been courtous, done what I've asked and been done when they said they would be. They started selling the Alpine Coach last summer, all the techs have been to the factory for training.

Cummins Northwest has great service too. Last spring I had a difficult to diagnose problem that developed 4 days before going on vacation. It took two days to get diagnosed, and get the parts. There was a mix-up on planning the installation, they were going to install the following morning, I told them (at about 6:00 pm)I needed to take the coach home that night so they worked me in!! They are open till midnight so they worked me in. It was 11:20 pm before they were done but I was able to get home with the coach that night.

Jeff
'98 Alpine Coach
36' FDS
Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #9

Virginia & Steve,
Ulhmann's is great; our first Alpenlite 5th wheel was from them. Glad to hear Cummins-NW is good and I'm happy to learn of Johnson RV in Portland. We tend to spend some time in the Pacific Northwest, so good service places are of concern. Glad to hear about the new tires - how about that serpentine belt? Welcome to Alpine - nothing like them!

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 AM   #10

I just shot off an email to the rep at Johnson RV Sales to make sure they check that serpentine belt for us. (with the extensive check that they seem to be doing I would think it is on their list) I just wanted to be sure that it was checked anyway - can't wait for next Sat to get here!!! God grant me the patience and I want it NOW!!! LOL

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 04-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #11

Testing to see if my profile changes come thru.

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 04-13-2007, 07:20 AM   #12

testing again - thanks for your patience!!!!

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 04-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #13

Congratulations on the Alpine. We love ours. If you ever decide to make a run to the Lake Chelan area, look us up. We would love to say hi.
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Virginia & Steve,

Welcome to the Alpine family!! John and I sure hope you have many years of enjoyment with your "new" rig! And, we hope to have the opportunity to meet you soon.

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote