Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #1

New Alpine owner here

Hi, All you alpine owners. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt and me and my grandfather just purchased a 2000 Alpine 36' FDS and so far we absolutley love it considering we moved up from a 29' Class C Passport. Have been browsing and just had a couple of questions. How do I go about registering for the ACA and wich region do i register for as we live in colorado and I can't seem to find a region for the colorado owners. And do I have to be a member of FMCA to be a member of ACA? Thanks in advance. Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	15185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	15186  

MattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & welcome Matt:

Congratulations on your purchase it is a nice looking Coach same color as mine. If you interested in becoming a member of ACA just go to their web site http://www.alpinecoachassociation.com/ you can down load the registration form and submit it. Yes you must be a FMCA member for membership in ACA to one of the other Alpine Owners Clubs. Alpine SoCal http://www.alpinesocal.com/ has a couple of members who also live in Colorado. Alpine SoCal will have a weeklong Rally in Colorado September of 2012 in the Bayfield Area.

If you could also list your VIN # on this site as are are attempting to track all of the coaches’ build by WRV. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/alpine-register-78224-2.html
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #3

Thank you for the warm welcome dave. I'm still trying to figure out how to put a smaller picture of the coach as my avatar. And thanks for the info on the SoCal club ill have to look into that as well as the VIN #. Did alpine stop making coaches recently?
MattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Matt; Unfortunately WRV closed its doors in 2009, like many other coach manufactures they could not survive during this recession.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #5

Oh I see, thats why I couldnt find a website for them. Well at any rate were still very happy we bought an alpine. We looked around at a couple others and they didnt seem to be built as well such as alfa sportscaoch etc.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Congratulations, got a feeling you'll love it. I just brought my '99 SDS home on a 2100 mile road trip. These are some fine driving machines and handle our mountains very well. I'll be joining the So Cal chapter, ironic as that's where I escaped from to move here.
Dave in Durango CO
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Matty,

I just noticed that you live pretty close to me. I live in Parker and store our coach in Elizabeth. I drive through Franktown everytime I go to Elizabeth. If you need help with anything don't hesitate to contact me via PM or directly at rhb1106@gmail.com.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #8

Matty- when you (or your grandad) get out of CO for the winter, come meet us in Quartzite. Should be 100+ Alpines, and a good time for all. We had a thread in the upper "sticky" portion of thread list on particulars here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/drrxi-102911.html
but for some reason, it isn't there for me today, and I get a message about not having permission to access that portion of the iRV2 site. I must have been a bad boy and somebody's punishing me. Again.

Anyway, you can get info on Quartzite at the ACA website Dave references above. Hope to see you or your family there, or at the Bayfield rally.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #9

Thank you Bob, and everyone else that has replied, for now i think we've pretty much got a decent understanding of how almost everything works in it for now. Until something decides to go wrong. The couple we bought it from took really great care of it and did some things to it that Alpine probably should've done from the factory. And yes Mike we'd love to get out of the state and come to Quartzite. In fact I know that the previous owners used to go there quite a bit. There names were Jerry & Patty Hoehle if anyone here knows them or is familiar with them. Thanks, Matt
Old 10-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Congratulations!

Your VIN number is 72249. (Thanks to Dave for helping to promote the Alpine Register.) You are gonna LOVE that coach. It is beautiful!

I'm originally from Ft. Collins, now SoCal. daveshan and I swapped places.

Attached is the original Sales Brochure for your coach. If you need any manuals, etc. let me know, or download them at Alpine Coach Association
Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Matty,

Welcome to our Alpine family! Your new coach looks to be in perfect shape, and I know you'll love it as much as we love ours. If you wish to join ACA and/or the SoCal regional club, you do need to join FMCA, as Dave said. As president of SoCal, I have certificates available that give you a free year membership in FMCA, including the initiation fee. Just send me a PM to give me your mailing address, and I'll send it right out to you.

I'm glad you are considering joining all of us at Quartzsite, as we always have a great time. And, there is no better way to get to know your way around your Alpine that to be amongst over 100 owners. I always say that in addition to the friendships you will form, the best part of participating in rallies is the help you get with your rig. Just open a bay door, stick your head in for 5 minutes, and you'll quickly draw a crowd of guys wondering if they can help you with something! But, it's true!!

Look forward to meeting you and your grandfather!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome Matty! In the three years I've owned my Alpine, everthing I learned, all the advice I needed, came from this great forum.

Enjoy your new ride!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome, Matty!

If you are coming to Quartzsite, consider meeting a smaller group of us Jan 10 at the Western FMCA Rally in Indio. The Alpine SoCal group helps with that Rally and we have ACA members join us from other areas of the USA who are in the desert for the winter. We have a good time and it is a chance to meet other Alpiners in a smaller setting!

All you have to do is register on line at [url=http://www.fmca.com] for the Western Convention and let Gail Stacy know by email that you want to join us and she will send you directions for meeting us!

This applies to all Alpiners, also!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
They are nice rigs. We looked at some before we bought our 2000 Dutch Star. The salesman figured we couldn't afford it so we walked away and went elsewhere to buy.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote