Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #1

After much discussion and consternation, we have traded our Avalanche for a new 2006 Apex! I was able to make it to the FMCA Pomona site just long enough to committ a ton of money (or so it may seem) while on a business trip. We will be doing the PDI and taking delivery in a few weeks. Any tips would be appreciated, in particular, known issues/concerns that I should ask to be resolved prior to delivery would be helpfull.

My thanks to those involved in making this happen from all sources. Let the fun begin!
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #2

After much discussion and consternation, we have traded our Avalanche for a new 2006 Apex! I was able to make it to the FMCA Pomona site just long enough to committ a ton of money (or so it may seem) while on a business trip. We will be doing the PDI and taking delivery in a few weeks. Any tips would be appreciated, in particular, known issues/concerns that I should ask to be resolved prior to delivery would be helpfull.

My thanks to those involved in making this happen from all sources. Let the fun begin!
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
WeBrzn2 (Dave, I think),

Congratulations!!

As I remember, you were looking at the Apex when we were at Chula Vista. I hope you enjoy the new rig lots!

Hopefully, some Apex owners will see this so they will help you with your PDI issues. I'll send you the PDI list I prepared, using many resources, for the pick up of our new rig last March. But, there will be things unique to the Apex, so you'll need some help there that I can't give you.

Hope to see you at a SoCal rally again soon!

Gail
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #4

WeBrzn2
congratulations on your Apex!!!!! I too hope you enjoy your new coach but, considering your moving from an Avalanche, I am sure you will.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #5

WeBrzn- Apex owners seem to have lotsa problems w/the original SmartBed touchpad switches mounted to the side of the coach.
WRV now has an updated switch that seems at least for the time being to weather the abuse of owners pushing on the buttons. These are just recently available, so IIWY I'd request that the pad switches be confirmed to be the new type or else changed out right away.
Also, during your PDI you might want to ask for demonstrations of a) emergency procedures for closing SmartBeds and room slides when HWH malfunctions, b) use of the HWH schematic that is supposed to be on the inside wall of the HWH door, and c) filling rig w/water w/out use of the Silverleaf.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:07 AM   #6

You'll love it! Work thru the issues. You will find all the component vendors (if needed) quick to respond). Personally speaking WRV has stepped up there service considerably, still room for improvement. Email me if you can't find what you are looking for in the forum
Enjoy

Jim and Kathy
2006 Apex
midflajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Dave,

Great to hear you worked out a deal on the Avalanche. When you get the Apex let us know and maybe we can get together again in Monterey.

Dave
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote