Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:32 AM   #1

Is Western Rv still sound?
There website seems model years behind.
Is there a new website?

Baxter the Cat
rvskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2007, 07:32 AM   #2

Is there a new website?

Baxter the Cat
rvskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #3

I sent Burk Morgan @ WRV an email on that a coupla days ago. He responded that the company has a new marketing firm working on an overhaul as we speak.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvskipper:
Is there a new website? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes I also spoke to Burk and was assured the same, And WRV is working very hard on being better and better and growing stronger everyday and adding several new dealers. I think you will all be very pleased with WRV's progress in the near future.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #5

Scuttlebutt from Camp WRV- They leased a large unoccupied facility formerly known as Ace Hardware, probably a distribution center, when it came on the market. They are moving all operations there including the service center.

Current focus is on process & QA/QC in the manufacturing end. As managerial focus allows, attention is directed to service center issues. Max, formerly running service, is heading up rally service and otherwise on the road to work w/dealers on service and warranty issues. Burk Morgan was outa town enticing new dealers to carry Alpines and thereby expand the market (see evidence above regarding new dealer in PA; reportedly others to follow soon). I met w/Phil Matoon who currently heads the service center; Phil remembers more about our coaches than most of us combined have forgotten (really, the man's memory is impressive). Also reported is that all service emails received get reviewed by Phil before being routed for action (I assume that is factual until I get sued otherwise). Richard Fish met at least one owner (who asked for an appointment) in the week we were guests @ WRV, and welcomed constructive advice about the service process. He noted to the guy "most people come in here to complain; you are the first person to offer a proposed solution in a long time." I guess nobody demands an appointment to say how great a job they are doing.

The morning coffee was always good, and the Washington apples were crisp & sweet. But sweetest of all were the great comrades in the parking lot, who we look forward to seeing again soon (Larry- I have your wire strippers; I'll give 'em to you in Ensenada in February if we don't run into each other sooner).
Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #6

Engineer Mike, congratulations on your new coach. It sounds terrific. I love the smart slides with 9 back fusions they sound like a blessing. Please keep us all informed with your progress reports and congratulations again. We do as noted by others put a great deal of respect in your comments. They are very worthwhile and extremely beneficial to all.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Whatayatryintodo Ted? Make Mike's head so large he can't get thru the door of his new coach?

Norm
Old 09-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Norm,

The doors are 4" wider!!!

Sorry to hear you are selling your coach, but glad you are back on the forum.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:51 AM   #9

Take a look - a new website! - www.wrv.com
Old 01-03-2008, 04:52 AM   #10

Take a look, a new website - www.wrv.com
Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #11

Because the RV business has had its share of bankruptcies over the years and because I now have a warranty backed by WRV , I wondered about the financial situation with WRV. Some owners said they had difficulties getting warranty items paid in a timely manner, and this is usually not a good sign so I researched Monomy. Although it is hard to say for sure, since they are a private firm, but they seem to have the financial backing. This is their investment philosophy if you are interested:
"Monomoy is a financial buyer, and we produce financial returns for our investors by selling our portfolio companies at a prudent point in our ownership. We will own portfolio companies as long as we can add value through business improvement or strategic acquisitions - a period that can range from three to seven years. We typically sell our companies to financial or industrial buyers."
No big surprises but it does look like the slow pay is more a function of management issues than shortness of cash.