Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-03-2005, 03:15 AM   #1

We purchased a 2005 Alpime coach 34'in March,2005 from the dealers lot. Farthest drive has been from dealer, app. 35 miles. First trip will be short. Pa to Ohio leaving this Sunday 06/05 & hopefully return Thur 06/09 I hope after reading some of this forum. Have found the following before moving. Water filter is in the kitchen drawer. Pocket doors literally crashed closed coming out of the dealers driveway. Front slide leaks like a sieve. It would appear that it has ruined a kitchen cabinet as the water went down the top of the raw wood behind the poly finish or possibly the veneer. Trailer wiring all backward. The fiberglass dash is truly a disgrace. The termination at the floor on the passenger side at the heat vent looks like something was forgotten. Alpine assures me they make it that way. I believe I am going to continue that 4" (app.) carpet right to the slide out with the cup holders in it. That is another disgrace. A fair amount of the wood trim is unfinished and some of the quarter round 45's are 3/16" apart. The aluminum strip at the top of the steps is sharp enough to really slice your foot. Alpine is sending new pieces. I would prefer to replace this and correct all of the wood trim myself. Dealers are typically not known to be very good craftsmen. Both wiper arms where the washer end snaps on are broken on the wiper arms. Paint is bubbled on the forward slide at the bottom edge. Will definitely need to be repainted.Generator wiring was crimped badly where it was attached on the frame. Moved the position and improved it. It would have definitely worn through where it was. There are many other items we have found and we have yet to move this coach. Does this company have any quality control at all? People I have spoken to at Alpine have been very nice but not to sure of themselves in there answers. If in fact the water filter was installed it would only filter the drinking water at the sink. Did they forget that we put ice cubes from our icemaker in the glass also? We will keep you posted after our short shakesown
Ted Ulmer

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2005, 03:15 AM   #2

We purchased a 2005 Alpime coach 34'in March,2005 from the dealers lot. Farthest drive has been from dealer, app. 35 miles. First trip will be short. Pa to Ohio leaving this Sunday 06/05 & hopefully return Thur 06/09 I hope after reading some of this forum. Have found the following before moving. Water filter is in the kitchen drawer. Pocket doors literally crashed closed coming out of the dealers driveway. Front slide leaks like a sieve. It would appear that it has ruined a kitchen cabinet as the water went down the top of the raw wood behind the poly finish or possibly the veneer. Trailer wiring all backward. The fiberglass dash is truly a disgrace. The termination at the floor on the passenger side at the heat vent looks like something was forgotten. Alpine assures me they make it that way. I believe I am going to continue that 4" (app.) carpet right to the slide out with the cup holders in it. That is another disgrace. A fair amount of the wood trim is unfinished and some of the quarter round 45's are 3/16" apart. The aluminum strip at the top of the steps is sharp enough to really slice your foot. Alpine is sending new pieces. I would prefer to replace this and correct all of the wood trim myself. Dealers are typically not known to be very good craftsmen. Both wiper arms where the washer end snaps on are broken on the wiper arms. Paint is bubbled on the forward slide at the bottom edge. Will definitely need to be repainted.Generator wiring was crimped badly where it was attached on the frame. Moved the position and improved it. It would have definitely worn through where it was. There are many other items we have found and we have yet to move this coach. Does this company have any quality control at all? People I have spoken to at Alpine have been very nice but not to sure of themselves in there answers. If in fact the water filter was installed it would only filter the drinking water at the sink. Did they forget that we put ice cubes from our icemaker in the glass also? We will keep you posted after our short shakesown
Ted Ulmer

Old 06-03-2005, 08:45 AM   #3

Ted, take a look at my post below "Shift Inhibit". Pretty typical of the qaulity issues. I did get a cut on my foot.

David
Old 06-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #4

Ted,

We bought a new 2004 Avalanche 40 footer last fall. It appears to me (an Aerospace Quality Assurance Manager) that WRV could use some quality process control at their facility. I hope all of the items you find, while a nuisance, are not major. We had a leak in the roof resulting in the coach spending well over two months at the factory. Seems that the roof sealing was forgotten at the front of the coach during initial build. We enjoyed our 40 foot shower for a week and had to watch were we stepped.

While the warranty issues we have had have been substantial, I will say that WRV has been extremely responsive to the situation and has been making every effort to get the coach reworked to our satisfaction. Having had another manufacturers coach prior to this one, and having dealt with the non-responsiveness of that manufacturer, I am happy that WRV does take customer service seriously.

I believe that WRV is looking in to improvements in build and first pass quality on their lines, it is just too bad that it did not happen prior to our purchase!
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:02 PM   #5

Ted

Welcome to the IRV2 forum. If you are diligent and with the help of other Alpine Coach forum members you will resolve your issues and have a great coach. WRV is paying attention to our concerns on this forum
I sincerely hope you consider membership in the ACA and enjoy the fellowship of other Alpine Coach owners.

Danny

2000 Alpine Millennium Edition
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Ted:

I would like to welcome you to the form and I hope to see you at one of the ACA Rallies. If you're ever in So. California let us know and if we are having a Rally you're welcome to join us at an Alpine So Cal Rally. I hope you enjoy your new Alpine as much as Donna & I enjoy ours. Should you have any questions about your Alpine please post and I am sure someone will be able to assist you.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:22 AM   #7

Thank you for your reply and invitation. If we do get to So Cal rest assured we will be in touch.
Thanks again,
Ted
Old 06-04-2005, 03:33 AM   #8

Danny, Thanks for the welcoming comments and we certainly hope that we can get our issues straightened out. Appreciate your advise and have read numerous of your postings.How do I go about joining the ACA?
Thanks
Ted
Old 06-04-2005, 05:53 AM   #9

Danny, there is a rally in Lancaster, PA the week of 06/19 thru 06/25. Did you intend to be there? This is around the corner from us and we would like to attend. We are leaving for Ohio tomorrow and returning Thursday. If all goes relatively well we would like to go to Lancaster. Naturally our coach is supposed to go in for service that week which could been postponed. Assuming no new problems arise our only big issue is the forward slide leaks like a valve was open when extended which we could control. Let me know if you have plans on being there. it would be great tp meet you
Old 06-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #10

I realized I was being rude in not asking who would be there. I apologize for that. I am most interested in meeting any of the members and look forward to same.

Ted Ulmer
Old 06-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #11

Welcome Ted III, you can call the campground yourself for reservations. We gave back to the campground the sites we didn't use. Tell them you are with iRV2 and you should get a discount. Do you know their phone number? It is 1 800 645-2744
Hope to see you there. I'm not sure you can attend the functions, but I'll ask if you are coming.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #12

Ted,
Regarding your request for information in joining ACA. ACA is the national Alpine Coach Association and there is a membership form on http://www.WRV.com under Alpine Coaches catagory. There also should have been an application in your books with all the warranty sheets.
There are also various chapters across the country that you may also join as being a member of ACA.
We would love to have you as a member and you really learn a lot from other members, plus at various rallies we have technical sessions and also WRV service at FMCA pre-rallies.