Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
We also had to block the front slide when it is in as our cats are very curious. We probably could go without blocking now, after 2 years they have this down to a science, but the one time I don't Shadow will decide to try and get into something! When we first started, we also would block the bedroom slide area, but we no longer have to do that.

Barb

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #16

When my wife & I were boating we typically ordered the boat with the built in coffee pot. Coffee was always horrible. We tried all of brands mentionaed and a few more. Finally threw all of the coffee pots out and went back to our stainless steel Farberware percolator. It makes wonderful coffee consistently. It is faster than any coffee pot I have ever seen. We finished off the huge hole that was for the original fabulous coffemakers and got some great storage.When you all get finished trying the B& D(GE), the Cuisinart, Mr Coffee, etc. try a 8 or 12 cup Faberware stainless pot. I believe they advertise a cup a minute but they lie, it is faster than that. Might be worth your while. We use it with Dunkin Donuts coffee.
A consistent cup of coffee in the morning is a great way to start your day.

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ted, I have had both the 12 and the 8 cup percolater pots from Farberware, and as you said they are very fast brewing. My problem with both pots, was after a couple of months, they did not get hot enough. Great if you like lukewarm coffee, but otherwise----. I returned the 12 cupper and was given an exchange, but had the same problem as with first unit after a couple of months use. This was a couple of years ago, they may have improved. I really liked the operation, and coffee while they worked.

Dieselclacker
Old 03-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #18

Dieselcracker, I know all about that problem of the lukewarm coffee.It took me a while but I found the problem. The cord end that goes into the coffee pot gets burned and needs to be cleaned. Make certain that you unplug the pot from the receptacle end not the coffee pot. If you clean the plug that goes into the coffee pot you will solve your problem. I use a small phillips driver and wrap a little 120 or 180 sandpaper on it and twist it around inside the plug. You can also bend the tabs inside the plug a little, not much as they will break off. I keep a couple of new cords around so I can fix the old one while I am drinking my hot cup of coffee. Trust me, this will correct your problem. When you don't hear the pot perking any longer you can bet the plug is burnt. Let me know how you make out.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey thanks Ted, I will give your fix a shot. As I said, I really like the perked coffee, and the size of the pot. Makes sense, cause the worked good for awhile, hope it fixes the problem, will let you know.

Dieselclacker
Old 03-16-2008, 05:31 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Ted: I'll also try that today. I went on line to order a new thermostat but the price is nearly the same as a new pot. Mine perks for a while but does not continue heating like it did when new.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well with great hopes I cleaned the coffee cord contacts but to no avail, there was no change, the coffee is still not as hot as it was when new. It was worth a try. Marv
Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ted, you nailed the problem of lukewarm coffee from my Farberware percolater. It was the cord, I had to purchase a new cord, as the old one was beyond cleaning. The contacts were really burned discolored, and brittle. Anyway $5.49 for a new cord at True Value fixed the problem.
Thanks again.

Marv, you might give that cord of yours a really good inspection to see if it needs replacing also. I placed a digital thermometer in a cup of fresh brewed coffee, and registered 157 degrees, I am a happy camper.

Dieselclacker
Old 03-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #23

Marv, sorry that the plug cleaning miracle did not work. I did check where I get parts for these and it is Marbeck.com. Go to the sitemap and look for percolator parts. They list a # PO4-011 thermostat for $ 6.45. The new cord is not a bad thought. I have also replaced the pin assy that the cord plugs into in the pot.
Good luck.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:38 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the PN. I stuck a thermometer in the cup this AM it is a whopping 112 degrees. After 22 seconds in the nuke machine it is drinkable, just barely. Marv
Old 03-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ALL! Gee it great seeing folks talk about the REALLY important things in this RV lifestyle. As an ol Finnish boy from Northern Minnesota, coffee is what it's all about !!! Up there we call it Finnish Plasma!!! And. as an old buddy at the tree nursery used to say..."WHAT would it be without a cup of coffee" !!! Thanks for all the tips. Steve & Lynette
Old 03-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #26

Not much coffee is good after the nuke procedure, but I guess hot is better than luke warm. try a new cord what have you got to lose, 5.50.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #27

Nobody uses a Revereware stovetop percolator?
Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by parmm:
Nobody uses a Revereware stovetop percolator? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Copco Perculator:

http://www.target.com/Copco-Stovetop-Percolator-Stainle...%5Fpercolator&page=1

or a

Bialetti 10 cup Espresso Pot:
http://www.bialettishop.com/MusaMain.htm

when dry camping and I don't want to start the genset or when I am just in the mood and don't want drip coffee.

All starts off in a Cuisinart burr mill grinder:

http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id...item_id=415&cat_id=3