Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #1

I just negotiated a group purchase on Koni shocks for the Alpine Coach Forum with Arthur Curtis of Shox.com in El Cajon CA. The price is $110 ea. plus shipping. Shipping will be between $25 and $35 for the four shocks depending on how far from the west coast you live.

Koni is raising the prices the first of the year and restructuring their dealer discounts. Arthur estimates the price to be at $150 ea. after 01/08. You need to call Arthur on 1 800 683 2890 and order your shocks before the end of the year. Tell him you are a member of the Alpine Coach Forum. The orders must be pre-paid to get the $110 price. Koni shocks are in short supply and you will be backordering them. Arthur said shipments would be no later than Mid Feb.2008

Danny
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #2

I just negotiated a group purchase on Koni shocks for the Alpine Coach Forum with Arthur Curtis of Shox.com in El Cajon CA. The price is $110 ea. plus shipping. Shipping will be between $25 and $35 for the four shocks depending on how far from the west coast you live.

Koni is raising the prices the first of the year and restructuring their dealer discounts. Arthur estimates the price to be at $150 ea. after 01/08. You need to call Arthur on 1 800 683 2890 and order your shocks before the end of the year. Tell him you are a member of the Alpine Coach Forum. The orders must be pre-paid to get the $110 price. Koni shocks are in short supply and you will be backordering them. Arthur said shipments would be no later than Mid Feb.2008

Danny
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #3

Danny, that is a tremendous deal. I spoke with an outfit today that were selling them
@ $ 123.00 each but would not stick with the price after the first of the year and as you know there seems to be no inventory in the US. If this company will stick with $ 110.00 you have pulled off nothing short of a miracle. I will contact them this afternoon and order them. I truly appreciate your time and effort. I seldom am shot down on getting a price but you certainly did a wonderful job. I may contact you for some of my companies purchases.
In all seriousness thank you for your time and your effort. It is greatly appreciated.

Ted
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #4

Danny, just for your information bank I ordered the shocks from Arthur @Arthur Curtis this afternoon EST 5:00PM. Again thank you for the great job that you have accomplished.
Ted
Old 11-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SDPilot
Danny,

Thanks for the referral. I also ordered my shocks from Arthur for $110.00 each. Fortunately, I was able to pick up a set for the front since Arthur's place is only a couple of miles from my office. and will wait for the rears when they arrive in mid Feb.

Arthur was very helpful. I also echo Ted III's comments - thanks for your efforts. I am sure this purchase saved me quite a bit of money.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Danny:

Thanks for your efforts. I just spoke to Mark (Arthur's boss). Initially his comment was that Arthur had offered them at too low a price, but that what was done was done. However, after telling him that you had arranged for dozens of buyers, he was enthusiastic.

He wanted to let everyone know that the shocks would go into production in 6 - 8 weeks and that he would need to know how many people wanted shocks at the $110 price, beforehand. That way he can ask the manufacturer in Holland to bump up production, if necessary, since they really produce small amounts every couple months.

Additionally, he mentioned that shipping to California (and nearby) was only $10, though sales taxes are required. My out the door price was $486.30. He says the sale is guaranteed.

The shipment is expected into San Diego mid-February and immediately forwarded within one day. He will email me upon shipment with delivery expected the following day.

I wonder if they are willing to offer this pricing to other irv2.com members? Certainly everyone could save money and shox.com could make a good profit.

Again Danny, thanks for arranging all this!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:51 AM   #7

Great Danny.
I'll order them too.

Thanks and "Well done".

Bob
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #8

thanks Danny I just ordered a set from Mark @ Shox.com.

Thank you for all your research time

Sandy and Debi
2001 34 FDDS
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #9

We ordered a full set of shocks from Mark yesterday. Thanks Danny, the price was great. Gary & Betsy
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #10

Danny, I hope the response you got on orders is enough to keep you out of hot water. I thought I remembered a lot more folks that wanted shocks. I just got a quote back from someone @ $ 123.00 which is really good which should indicate that $ 110.00 each is tremendous. I understand the new price for these shocks after the first of the year is $ 189.00 list.
Thanks again for your help
Old 11-29-2007, 08:01 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Danny

Thanks for all your efforts!

The $110 price is only good if you are purchasing 4 shocks. The price for only the rear pair is $127.50 each, plus shipping.

I ordered a pair for the rear.
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #12

I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine that Danny Gayhart went to the trouble to get this tremendous price for these shocks and some of you have the audacity to complain. Where are our typical appreciative Alpine owners.
Thank you Danny for all your help.
Ted
Old 11-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #13

Not a complaint in the world from me.
I just ordered a set of 4 from Arthur and am well pleased with the price Danny was able to secure. And the delivery doesn't hurt because our rig is up for the winter.

Kudos and thanks Danny.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #14

RMMPE, As of today as is ours up for the winter. Bob, I am counting on you to come down and stay over and create some of those wiring programs that you do so well.