Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2005, 07:04 AM   #1

Hi All. I think I posted my introduction on the main site but I'm a new Alpine Coach owner so I'll post again here...
I just purchased a 1999 40' model from the dealer here in Las Vegas. This is my first venture into RV/diesel driving and I'm soaking up info. like a sponge. I'm wondering if there are any Alpine owners in the LV area? I would love to meet and talk to you in person if so. Please use my cell: 702-378-9900.
I'm retired FAA/real estate sales. Selling my house here in Henderson and moving to Eugene, Oregon in Dec. Golf has always been my main hobby but I've always dreamed of owning a diesel pusher motorhome and getting out with my Lab. and Siamese cat. No wife or girlfriend at the moment. I think my hobbies are not conducive to relationships and I may be done in that department (ha). I am a jack of all trades and master of none..guess my main good trait is the ability to "come up to speed" on new things I'm interested in and I'll need that with this Alpine. I'd rather read an owner's manual than a novel. Enough for now. I'm looking forward to meeting and making a lot of new friends.
Dennis
denwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2005, 07:04 AM   #2

Hi All. I think I posted my introduction on the main site but I'm a new Alpine Coach owner so I'll post again here...
I just purchased a 1999 40' model from the dealer here in Las Vegas. This is my first venture into RV/diesel driving and I'm soaking up info. like a sponge. I'm wondering if there are any Alpine owners in the LV area? I would love to meet and talk to you in person if so. Please use my cell: 702-378-9900.
I'm retired FAA/real estate sales. Selling my house here in Henderson and moving to Eugene, Oregon in Dec. Golf has always been my main hobby but I've always dreamed of owning a diesel pusher motorhome and getting out with my Lab. and Siamese cat. No wife or girlfriend at the moment. I think my hobbies are not conducive to relationships and I may be done in that department (ha). I am a jack of all trades and master of none..guess my main good trait is the ability to "come up to speed" on new things I'm interested in and I'll need that with this Alpine. I'd rather read an owner's manual than a novel. Enough for now. I'm looking forward to meeting and making a lot of new friends.
Dennis
Old 10-09-2005, 07:37 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Dennis:

Congratulations on the purchase of your Alpine. To answer some of your questions yes there are some owners of Alpines that live in Las Vegas. Just to let you know that Alpine So Cal will be having a Rally in Bullhead City at the Silver View RV Resort October 21 -23, 2005. You might be able to join the Rally by contacting the Wagonmasters Larry and Beverly Grams (262) 331-0343 Bellap50@yahoo.com or the Assistant Wagonmasters: Jack and Linda Giddens (760) 789-7820 crazysingerlkg@yahoo.com. If you can not join us you want to just drop by and say hello.

I hope to see at one of the Rallies or in our travels.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:26 AM   #4

Hey, thanks for the invitation. I'll cetainly drive down in my car as I won't have the coach by then. What are the dates?

Dennis
Old 10-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #5

Welcome aboard and congrats on the Alpine!

Lived in Eugene one summer and loved it; big change from LV!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #6

Yes, it will be a big change but I'm a golfer and have a Hayabusa motorcycle (something like what you have pictured) so the summers will be exciting. I'll head south in my Alpine during the winter rainy months. Las Vegas set all time heat records this summer and nobody wanted to play golf for about two months. I'm too 'outdoorsey' for that.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #7

Holy Cow-asaki!; a Hayabusa

That's not much like my bike.

A golfer and Hayabusa rider?? You must have a split personality
Old 10-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Yow!!!!!!! I have a buddy who was following me at 70mph on his Hayabusa and got tired of the "slow" pace, so he passed me and was doing 140 as he went by. That's just a little faster than my Harley was.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #9

Hayabusa, is that like my 200cc Vespa?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:22 AM   #10

Well, they both have two wheels. Hayabusas are nice if one needs needs to pass... even nicer if its a Harley. ha
Old 10-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Alpine! Dick Pickett at Guaranty RV in Eugene is great. And isn't Fiddler's Green golf shop in Eugene? We got clubs there last summer (no sales tax), and are home now in LaQuinta waiting for another week before the course opens up again. Between his Alpine and golf, my husband has never been happier!
pamelashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:02 AM   #12

Thanks for the warm welcome. Tell him, he is invited to golf with me at Shadow Hills CC when you are back in the Eugene area (I'll be living there full time after Dec. 1st). I could not believe Eugene had a golf shop three times bigger than Las Vegas Discount Golf here in LV.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:57 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for the invitation, but we didn't even make it to Eugene this summer. Have fallen in love with Bend (Aubrey Glen golf course), and have spent two weeks the last two summers at Shady Cove, near Medford. Rogue River RV Park is the most fabulous place, right on the Rogue River! Oregon is so pretty. Hope to meet one of these days.
pamelashere is offline   Reply With Quote