Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #1

Hi all, I am a new memebr of this forum. I have a 2004 Alpine Avalanche (when I get it back again) and I have been lurking for a while.

Bought the last 2004 Avalanche in September 2004 and have used it a fair amount. Had some water intrusion issues, leaked end to end, over the Christmas holiday and the coach has been back and forth to WRV getting things taken care of.

Looks like I will get it back in the next couple of weeks and be able to use the heck out of it for the rest of the year and beyond!

I do have a question for you all, Have any of you had an issue with the fuel gage dropping to E when you either turn or apply the brakes? It sounds like WRV is having some difficulty solving this problem, they are thinking the sample rate on the gagae is to high and not allowing the float to settle.
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #2

Hi all, I am a new memebr of this forum. I have a 2004 Alpine Avalanche (when I get it back again) and I have been lurking for a while.

Bought the last 2004 Avalanche in September 2004 and have used it a fair amount. Had some water intrusion issues, leaked end to end, over the Christmas holiday and the coach has been back and forth to WRV getting things taken care of.

Looks like I will get it back in the next couple of weeks and be able to use the heck out of it for the rest of the year and beyond!

I do have a question for you all, Have any of you had an issue with the fuel gage dropping to E when you either turn or apply the brakes? It sounds like WRV is having some difficulty solving this problem, they are thinking the sample rate on the gagae is to high and not allowing the float to settle.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #3

I think if the sample rate were too high (with no damping) you would see the guage moving all directions as you drive along. I don't think that is the problem. I would be more inclined to believe it is a loose or shorting connection somewhere...at the float or cabling to the guage.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #4

I tend to agree, it drops to E and sounds the alarm, then slowly recovers. WRV believes that the sample rate is too high. This is the second time they have looked into this. I was wondering, and hoping that someone else has had the same problem and might have a solution.

In my Corvette with two tanks, there is a comparator circuit that resides in the PCM that reads the levels in the two tanks, if one is not in the "expected" range at the time it is sampled (due to gunk build up on the sensor) then it sets the gage at empty. I understand this case, but with a float, I would expect it to be more along the lines of an analog gage or at worst a digitized analog, and it should not do waht it is doing unless I have an intermitant connection in the circuit.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #5

Do you still have your Avalanche?
Was the Gas tank issue ever resolved?
I too have this problem.
Andy
Andy Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #6

I do still have the Avalanche, when it is not in the shop!! The fuel gage issue was resolved last year when WRV replaced the entire fuel tank. Turns out that they did not have adequate baffling in the OEM tank on the Avalanche (at least in mine).
Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #7

I am working with WRV to get the gas tank issue fixed. The noise/beeping is a pain in the ***
I found out this is a design flaw. The sending unit is on the front of the tank and there are no baffles in the tank. The fix is a new tank with the sending unit on the side. Western is aware of the problem and if you are lucky enough to still be under warranty then they will replace the tank. After that its up to you to negotiate with them... Good luck with that!
How many miles do you have on your coach. Im curious if anyone has put any actual time on the Avalanche Coaches. Hopefully the future holds less problems. This coach has been a nightmare.
Andy
Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #8

Andy, you have a pretty famous name and your profile tells very little. Did you ever play golf?
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #9

Not to be confused with the Golfer Andy Bean!
Andy
Old 06-02-2007, 03:46 AM   #10

A different but related question:

The needles on the Fuel and Oil pressure gauges on the 1999 36SDS Alpine I'm buying go to the far right and stay there. Does anyone have experience with this?
I'd suspect a bad electrical connection to them? As the gauges' sending units go to and reference ground, would it not be the positive connection?
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote