Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #15

David: ( rockcj )

I am in Cerritos, just twenty minutes away, and would love to get together one weekend. I have done a great deal to our Coach, and love nothing more than sharing the customization,and fixes. If I have something good, I'm the kind of guy that isn't happy unless I can give it away to somebody else to have also.

I have a number of little things I have found that improves upon what the Original Equipment Manfacturer did. I will take some more pictures and post to this forum some great ideas.

I have learned from reading the posts for over a year and a half, and thought it about time I started giving something back

......... lets get together

Take care,

Walt

PS........ I used to have a home in Anaheim Hills on Mountain Loop Trail ( 1979 ), and still visit the same doctor located at the top of Anaheim Hills Road.

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #16

Walt.....
Looking forward to your pictures of the improvements you done. I am already laying out a new basement storage system for our Alpine based on your layout.

Talk to you tomorrow about Entertainment system
(got all my paper work ready)

Mike

Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #17

Walt,

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Can you tell me where you got the water softener?

Thanks
Old 05-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #18

Walt, I will take you up on that offer. I am frustrated with the fact that the manufacturer did not go with little improvements to make this a great rig. I am taking mine back to the dealer on Monday for a few more "new rig" things. I like sharing ideas with people as well although I may not be as handy as you are.

David
05 Alpine
Old 05-15-2005, 05:53 AM   #19

Walt.....

I have the Coax wiring diagram for the entertainment system from WRV....would that help? I could send it in the mail to you or I am going to Shurflo in Cypress tomorrow for water pump repair and then to Saddleback RV...could meet you somewhere. I noticed Rockcj (David) is interested in this entertainment revamp also.

Mike
04 Alpline
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:17 AM   #20

Where did you get the basement slides, also, I guess you custom built all the compartments too?
Old 05-16-2005, 01:53 PM   #21

dkgreene:

The Water Softner we love, easy to install and re-charge. Available from rvupgrades.com, I think I remember paying somewhere around a buck twenty-five for it.

I believe the company is a sponsor of this forum...... give these people business when you can. I had some questions about the unit, and called the manfacturer..... was most impressed with the gentlemans' sincere interest in 'us consumers', and my intended use of the softner. He called me back three times, got his marketing consultant on the speaker phone, and had more questions me and installation........ than I had of his product.

I like manfactures that truely want feedback from the people that "Try My Product"

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Old 05-16-2005, 02:11 PM   #22

Cedar41:

The slide rails are Kwikee ( best load factors of units I compared ), same MF as our front step. All you get are the side pieces that slide. They come in different lenghts. you fabricate the center shelf support. I used 3/4"MDM board from Home Depot, and carpet from same. Once you have the widths cut that you want to use, the carpet is just cut to size and a little 3M spray glue to apply. You can customize the divider sections in any configuration you want. I layed everything I wanted to put in the basement out on the driveway, and just starting cutting, and glueing until everything had a home.

Ordered mine through Camping World, took about one week.

I'll take some detailed pictures with measurements and email them to if you would like.

Walt

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Old 05-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #23

Thanks Walt on the watersoftner information. I will go to website right now.