Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #15

Rick, The telescoping ladders are truly terrific. Mine is 12' extended and I am guessing and 3' retracted. Extremely sturdy. The fold up ladder is nice but I never felt very secure, but certainly fold up out of the way nicely. The telescoping ladder can be purchased at H Depot for quite a bit less than Camping World. (It does not say motorhome on it)

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:24 AM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ted III:
Rick, The telescoping ladders are truly terrific. Mine is 12' extended ... The fold up ladder is nice but ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I carry both types of ladders. The 12' telescoping for getting up onto the roof, and the foldup ladder for washing windows, putting on the screens, etc. I watched somebody put on his screens using a tele-ladder, but I'm not keen on leaning against glass with that ladder.

Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #17

Great idea for storage and thanks for the photos. I'll head to HDepot tomorrow for supplies. We love our Sunshades, they installed them for us while we were at a dog show in Scottsdale and we immediately noticed the coach was much easier to cool down. As for ladders, I've found that if I let the air out and put the coach down low I can get them on with my little 2 step ladder. Just have to remember to take them off before I air up to leave.

Fly'n Paws
2005 Alpine Avalanche
Centennial, CO

2005 Alpine Avalanche
Fly'n Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 AM   #18

I have used the gen slide for installing my shades for years with no problems.

2000 Alpine Millennium Edition
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danny Gayhart:
I have used the gen slide for installing my shades for years with no problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But how does that help in getting the screens on the side fastened at the top?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #20

Claudia reaches the fastener from the drivers side window. I can reach the pass side door cover from the gen slide out.

2000 Alpine Millennium Edition
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
My concern with the extending ladder, it is only 12' 6", that is not enoough to reach the roof with sufficent scope for the ladder to be set properly and stll be able to step onto the roof. However I guess if you just want to be able to reach up, it would be good. I have been thinkiing of having a ladder atached to the rear of the coach.
DrDaveMA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrDaveCA:
My concern with the extending ladder, it is only 12' 6", that is not enoough to reach the roof with sufficent scope for the ladder to be set properly and stll be able to step onto the roof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't even extend the top rung of the 12.5 ladder for getting onto the roof. It has a comfortable & secure angle to climb. As I get to the top, eventually I swing my left knee onto the roof, then my right knee and then stand up.

I feel that staying low (on your knees) is better for the transition from the ladder to the roof, incl. to get back down.

Definately, don't want to go splat on the ground from near the top of the ladder!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:48 AM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Here is my solution to ladder and sun screen storage on the new coaches.

Tube below the propane tank is used to store 7' folding ladder I use for de-bugging the front of the coach and installing sun screens. The gloves and shoes are for fuel stops.

The top tube is for the sun screens and the bottom for anything else to long for the smart beds.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #24

Dale,

Where do you buy the tubing and end-caps?
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Dale,

I got it from Coastal Pipco in Oxnard, Ca. It is a pipe supplier for farm and landscaping, dealing mainly in plastic pipe. I couldn't find anyplace close at home, was familiar with them and am in Oxnard frequently due to rentals we own.

Dale
Old 09-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
They are also available through most bigger landscape supply outfits and plumbing warehouses or wholesalers (they usually sell to the public, too).

Great install Dale! Hope you don't mind me copying. Of course, maybe you can start yet another business.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #27

Alpine Owners Club
Dale,

Since we'll be in Ventura in a few weeks, how can we find Coastal Pipco? What diameter pipe did you buy? Did you buy the caps there too? And, for my final question, how did you attach the pipe to the frame?

Thanks for sharing all of this!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
Gail,

Here is link to Coastal Pipco.

http://www.coastalpipco.com/site/index.html

The main problem is that the pipe comes in 10' sections, hard to transport. Do you have a rack on the roof of your tow car? Call me if you want to know how I did it.

The pipe is 6" and I got the end cap, female adapter and threaded plug from them. I should have of bought one more set for the second shorter pipe. The one under the propane tank is 7' + and the 2 that you get to from the drivers side are under 5'. The bottom shorter tube I made 2 plugs out of 1" plywood and will use that tube for things that don't need as much protection from the elements. I bought small pins that go into a hole I drilled through the adapter into the plug to make sure that it couldn't vibrate out.

They are all attached with water heater earthquake straps and wood blocks. The long tube is strapped to the propane tank. I used wood blocks bolted thru the strap and into the bulkhead behind the tank to keep the tube from putting pressure on the hoses in that area. The other two are strapped to the housing for the living room slide, with wood between the housing and the tubes and wood between the tubes and the propane tank mount.

Dale