Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #1

After checking out many tires dealers in San Diego County we finally stumbled onto a really great store/shop. Pete's Road Service in Escondido Ca.. they handle several brand of tires and the manager, Mike, was very helpful and not pushie. He recommended Toyo Tires with the Counteract Balancing Beads. After checking several web site we have decided to go with the Toyo 29575R225G M124Z TL HWY tires with the Counteract Balancing Beads.

If you are interested check out
counteractbalancing.com
for more info in the beads (AKA sand balancing)

For locations of Pete's Road Service go to
petesrs.com they have 9 locations in So.Cal.

Any thoughts on the balancing beads?

Thanks for all the help regarding our tires.

Donna and Chuck

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #2

After checking out many tires dealers in San Diego County we finally stumbled onto a really great store/shop. Pete's Road Service in Escondido Ca.. they handle several brand of tires and the manager, Mike, was very helpful and not pushie. He recommended Toyo Tires with the Counteract Balancing Beads. After checking several web site we have decided to go with the Toyo 29575R225G M124Z TL HWY tires with the Counteract Balancing Beads.

If you are interested check out
counteractbalancing.com
for more info in the beads (AKA sand balancing)

For locations of Pete's Road Service go to
petesrs.com they have 9 locations in So.Cal.

Any thoughts on the balancing beads?

Thanks for all the help regarding our tires.

Donna and Chuck

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Donna and Chuck,

A year ago I had the Toyo 295/75R-22.5/14 M127 tires installed. They ride quieter than the original Toyo's. The shoulders show the same wear pattern the old one's did. But, at 6K to 8K miles a year, I don't expect wear will be a significant factor when it comes time to replace again.

Jeff
'98 Alpine Coach
36' FDS
Old 04-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #4

While I decided to go with the Michelin XZA1 tires, I can comment on the balancing beads since I had them dropped in when they we putting my new tires on.

Amazingly smooth ride!

I got mine from http://www.innovativebalancing.com

The site is loaded with a great FAQ section and some great info about using nitrogen vs air in the tires.

Only about $100 to do all 6 wheels which is a huge savings from some of my friends who decided to go with wheel-balancing plates that not only cost close to $1000, but add more weight.

I strongly recommend the ceramic beads.

Eusefull
Old 04-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #5

forgot to mention, notice the Alpine Coach image they are using at the top of their site!

Great minds think alike! ;-)
Old 04-16-2007, 06:50 AM   #6

I have a Pressure Pro system installed on my valve stems. It has a pressure sensor that transmits to a receiver on my dash. Do you think the balance beads might interfere with the operation of that system?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #7

Hi Rick, not sure...I'd call the folks at http://www.innovativebalancing.com and confirm. I know we got special stems with our order that replaced the stock stems so I'd call first.

Eusefull
Old 08-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
I'm considering installing both the beads and SmarTire at the same time, when I buy new tires. How has it turned out for those of you using them?

This is what their website says (thanks Euseful)under FAQ's:

Can I use your product with my Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)?

We can vouch for the Smartire Pressure Monitoring Sytem and the Doran Pressure Pro. These units will not be affected either operationally or structurally by the addition of Dyna Beads in your tires. We can vouch for the Smartire Pressure Monitoring Sytem and the Doran Pressure Pro. These units will not be affected either operationally or structurally by the addition of Dyna Beads in your tires.
Note: If your wheels have a TPMS system that is part of the valve stem, you may not be able to install the beads using the Applicator.

Any reports?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 AM   #9

I'd have to experience the ride on a vehicle with "Balancing beads" before I could place any faith in them. All my engineering experience tells me the loose beads will react to centrifugal force and stay where the force puts them rather than violate the laws of Physics and be smart enough to find the out of balance location.

I can be educated though.
Can anyone explain how they can do this?
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #10

I have used the Equal, I think this is the name, product for balancing, which is the powder bag put into the tire with valve stem filters to keep the powder out of the valve stem and the Pressure Pro System. I am very happy with this combination which I have had on for a couple of years since a front blow out and major crash. The pressure pro is on the coach and toad and gives real time readouts on the road. Gives me a lot of confidence on the tires, enables me to check them out before I drive off and lets me know that a toad tire has not deflated when I am driving down the road.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #11

Well as a follow up to those wondering how our balancing beads are working out....perfectly.

They really do what they say, are very cost effective...and there is no wiggles or wobbles in any of our wheels. Coach runs very smooth since adding them about 6K miles ago.

I also added them to my motorcycle and it too runs smooth.

Read more about them at: www.innovativebalancing.com