Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Greetings to the forum members from both of us. We've recently purchased a new '07 34' Alpine for September delivery, and look forward to meeting many of you in the future. While we've owned WRV products in the past, this will be our first Alpine coach. We've previously owned a Country Coach Intrigue, and have documented our research in finding new coach at our website, RVers Online. We've outlined our reasons for going with Alpine in a recent article at www.rversonline.org/DecisionTime.html

Thanks to all who participate in this helpful online discussion!

Tom & Stephanie Gonser

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Greetings to the forum members from both of us. We've recently purchased a new '07 34' Alpine for September delivery, and look forward to meeting many of you in the future. While we've owned WRV products in the past, this will be our first Alpine coach. We've previously owned a Country Coach Intrigue, and have documented our research in finding new coach at our website, RVers Online. We've outlined our reasons for going with Alpine in a recent article at www.rversonline.org/DecisionTime.html

Thanks to all who participate in this helpful online discussion!

Tom & Stephanie Gonser

Old 07-23-2006, 10:07 AM   #3

Welcome Tom and Stephanie

I am sure you will enjoy your new 34 Alpine as much as your CC. Our experience with WRV has been great. This was our first MH and like you we did plenty of research....it paid off. Additionally, the people we have met at rally's etc have been fantastic.
Your article "Decision Time" on RVonline was great and we look forward to future updates.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Hello, Welcome & Congratulations, Tom & Stephanie:

I would like to welcome you to IRV2, and the Alpine Forum. Like Mike & Nancy said I think you will enjoy your new Alpine. Should you have any questions please feel free to ask, I know that someone out here should have an answer for you.

I hope you join us at one of our Alpine Rallies.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #5

Hello & Congratulations on your new coach. I hope that you have many years of enjoyment. It is a fine coach.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:58 AM   #6

Congratulations on your new Alpine 34. We also own a Alpine 34 purchased March of this year for reasons similar to yours. After four trips and about 2700 miles I am convinced that we made the right choice. The coach is a dream to drive. We go to Junction City Guarranty RV first week of August with our punch list of issues all of which so far are minor. Hope to see you down the road. We will be the Amber 2006 towing the silver Jeep Liberty. Congratualtions again.

Jerry and Toni Smith
06 34 Alpine
Jeep Liberty
Old 07-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome to our family, Tom & Stephanie!

I just read your "Decision Time" article, and found it to be very informative. I sure wish someone had written something like that 6 years ago when we first started our search for our very first motorhome. It took us a year to come to the decision that an Alpine was the right coach for us.

We are now on our 3rd Alpine, and we just can't imagine being in anything else. We love the coach, our fellow Alpiners and the staff at the WRV factory.

I am confident that you will find special friends with us to add to your list of wonderful friends from Country Coach...by the way, we also have some great friends that drive Country Coaches, and they too love their rigs.

We hope to see you at one of our rallies after you get settled into your new coach. Meanwhile, have a great time with your new rig!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:29 PM   #8

Hi Tom and Stephanie,

I really appreciated the time you took to write the informative article about your search that ended in the purchase of a new Alpine. We purchased an 06 36' in Feb. of this year. Though we've had some problems, we really like the coach. It scares me to put it in writing; but when I read of the research that you and others (I especially appreciated Audrey and John's extensive research emails), I feel we really were "lucky" to buy an Alpine. To be honest, I didn't even know about the Alpine forum or any other forums and only did research by getting literature and then looking and driving a few coaches. When my husband drove the Alpine, he said, "This is it."

We plan to go to the Pre Rally in NC. We are looking forward to meeting people that we have only "met" online. Yes, I have a question list, too, and we need lots of help. We don't know much about diesals. We were "Lazy Daze" Class C people for several years. As much as our two LD's met our needs at the time, no way would we want to go back.

Congratulations on your new coach. Hope to meet you some day. (Sometimes I wish we had bought a 34' instead of a 36', but we do really enjoy our coach.)

Perhaps if I'd read all on the forums, I'd been such a basket case and scared,too, that we might have not bought a diesal at all. Now THAT would have been a mistake.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #9

Beverly and Buddy,

We were also Lazy Daze class C people for 20 years before we bought our 2004 Alpine Coach. We had two of them, one used and a new 1997 RB, the first '97 delivered by Lazy Daze. If Lazy Daze built a diesel pusher, we might have bought one before we even looked at anything else! But I agree, the Lazy Daze met our needs at the time. The Alpine does now. I think we made the right choice.

I am not sure I know what a bad handling coach is!!

I also agree I am glad I found this forum after we made the choice to buy. We joined Alpine Socal. Great bunch of people, but be careful. If you are not retired or doing this full time, you will want to be after talking to others!!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:13 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to IRV2.

Just a reminder that if anyone wants the "Member", "Junior Member", etc designation changed to "Alpine Coach Forum Member" all you have to do is ask and I will make that change for you.

Congrats on the new coach. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Please change mine.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:32 PM   #12

Welcome Tom and Stephanie,

A few years back -- as part of my research -- I read your article preceding your CC purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to produce helpful information to coach buyers and researchers.

I've had my 04 34FDDS just over a year, just completing a 3000 mile trip, posting 15K on the Odo. I'm continuously impressed with this coach's performance, especially power and handling.

The floorplan is very similar to a Safari Trek (our last coach) and is very efficient with a nice "slides-in" traveling persona.

For "weekender/vacationer" application, we find it to be just right and able to navigate our favorite destinations.

Glad to have you on our forum and hope you enjoy the caoch as much as we do.