Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #1

My wife and I are looking to upgrade from our present MH.

We like the layout of the WRV Apex 40MPTS model.

I called the Toll Free: (800) 777-4133, direct to WRV and asked questions about that model. After asking many question, they said call a dealer.

I ask for the contact info. for their largest volume dealer, guessing they would be the most informed.

I contacted that dealer and they could not answer my question.

Here are some of the questions ask:

1. Does the Hydro hot heat work from electric and or diesel or both? No real answer, they thought it worked from diesel only.

2. What was the width of the passenger seat, between the arms? Answer, we do not have that info.

3. How much weight could be loaded into their SmartBed? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

4. I ask what the height of the Queen bed mattress was from the floor? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

5. I ask if you could fill the diesel fuel tanks from both sides of the coach? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

6. I ask if I could order that floor plan, with no window above the head of the bed? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

I have many more questions.

Can anyone direct me to a contact at WRV that knows what they make or someone that knows what the can make?

Like I said, I like the floor plan, but the response I got to my question (via phone) does not build my confidence in that company.

I've read the many posts for current owners and they seemed happy. Did they just buy a coach and hope for the best?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #2

My wife and I are looking to upgrade from our present MH.

We like the layout of the WRV Apex 40MPTS model.

I called the Toll Free: (800) 777-4133, direct to WRV and asked questions about that model. After asking many question, they said call a dealer.

I ask for the contact info. for their largest volume dealer, guessing they would be the most informed.

I contacted that dealer and they could not answer my question.

Here are some of the questions ask:

1. Does the Hydro hot heat work from electric and or diesel or both? No real answer, they thought it worked from diesel only.

2. What was the width of the passenger seat, between the arms? Answer, we do not have that info.

3. How much weight could be loaded into their SmartBed? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

4. I ask what the height of the Queen bed mattress was from the floor? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

5. I ask if you could fill the diesel fuel tanks from both sides of the coach? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

6. I ask if I could order that floor plan, with no window above the head of the bed? Both the factory and dealer said they did not know.

I have many more questions.

Can anyone direct me to a contact at WRV that knows what they make or someone that knows what the can make?

Like I said, I like the floor plan, but the response I got to my question (via phone) does not build my confidence in that company.

I've read the many posts for current owners and they seemed happy. Did they just buy a coach and hope for the best?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #3

You will be doing yourself a great favor by contacting Rich and Lindsay at Guarantee RV (541)998-5000.

These two are incredibly helpful and knowedgeable. I'm sure if they don't know an answer to a question, they will get the information!

I personally wouldn't consider buying from anyone else. I'm sure they can make you a competitive deal too.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
JOD

sorry you did not get the answer you needed! please contact me at 800-245-5378 & I will get you the anwser you need. thanks Jody Miller
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Justforfun,

Wow, you must have been frustrated after those phone calls! Here are a few answers:

1. HydroHot works on both electric and diesel.

2. I don't know the exact width of the passenger seat, but I would estimate about 24 inches.

3. If you go to www.wrv.com, click on motorhomes, and then on SmartBed Volumes, you can see the measurements of each SmartBed. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you the weight for each, but I think I heard 750 pounds each. But, don't hold me to that.

4. No help here...if I had to guess, I would say about 3 ft.

5. I believe you can fill the mid doors from both sides of the coach, but not the front door models. The fuel fill is inside the generator slide to eliminate the mess of fuel spilled down the side of the coach.

6. Sorry, don't know.

If there are any questions that Lindsay or Rich at Guaranty cannot answer, call the factory again and ask them how you can get in touch with Pancho (or Lindsay/Rich can probably tell you how). Pancho is the Western Region sales rep for WRV...he should be able to get exact answers for all of these questions for you. If none of the above works, send me a private message, and I'll give you another idea that I hesitate to publish here.

By the way, welcome to the Forum and to the Alpine piece of it!

Good luck!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #6

I have contacted Jody Miller (had or got the information asked for, mostly had, only one question had to be checked out), have all of my questions answered.

I would like to thank everyone for their responses.

I was told that the SmartBed could hold approx. 750 pounds each.

The width of the buddy seat was approx. 24.5".

The Queen bed height was approx. 25".

Etc., etc. great.

I ask many other questions and all were answered.

Thanks again for the response.

I also heard from the factory, that one of the reasons I could not get my questions answered from them is, they are moving offices and the staff is spread out. They are doing this to improve customer service.

I am happy for the information rec'd. thanks again.

What a great forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jody Miller:
sorry you did not get the answer you needed! please contact me at 800-245-5378 & I will get you the anwser you need. thanks Jody Miller </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #7

Wayne Routhier, I'm sorry, I do not know what "exceed the CCC of the coach" means.

I know what GVWR means.

Please explain.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Routhier:
Great awnser. If you put 750 LBS in each smart bed will you exceed the CCC of the coach? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
The CCC is the carrying capacity of the coach, i.e., the additional weight the chassis is capable of handling. According to the brochure I picked up at the Quartzsite rally, the Apex 40MDTS should be able to handle about 3,300 pounds of stuff. Of course, that assumes only the standard equipment...if you add options, the weight of those options (like washer/dryer, for example) must be subtracted from that published number.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome to our Forum, JustforFun!

We have a '07 Apex 40' mid-door that is about 7 months old. We custom ordered ours - & they will make changes to about anything you are willing to pay for!

One correction I would like to make is that the diesel fill on all the coaches are now only on one side. Our '03 mid-door had 2 fills but I believe they went to only a single fill in '06.

If there is any thing we can answer for you from our experience, send us a private post. If you are in our area you could see our coach!When you call WRV ask for Burk Morgan. He should be able to answer all sales questions or find the answer for you.
#75710.
swansnest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:33 AM   #10

Wow guys this site is one great source of info.

Thanks for all the help.

My wife and I live in what many call the RV capital of the world, Elkhart, IN, funny we have to go the WA state to find something that fits our needs.

I have another question, does anyone know when WRV started installing the Smartbed in their coachs?

Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
The SmartBeds were introduced with the Apex in July 2005 at our ACA (Alpine Coach Assn) rally in Cheyenne, WY. Initially, they only put them on the Apex, but in August 2006 WRV introduced a new model, the Limited SE, where they added the SmartBeds and a few other Apex features to the original basic Limited. The SE is priced about $10,000 - $15,000 above the Limited, and about $50,000 below the Apex, depending on the options selected on the various models. Of course, the Apex has a lot more goodies on it than the Limited or SE.

If you go ahead with your Alpine purchase, please consider joining the ACA, as we have wonderful people and fun rallies. We'd love to see you there!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Try This Link for answers to your HydroHot questions.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote