RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #15

Here is another good link to read.

EE Code on 5 Button Comfort Control Center

I'm think as soon as I can get snow off the roof I should be able to get this figured out.

More snow on the way the next two days, it's going to be a while.

2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #16

I don’t know your individual thoughts, but if your units are original, they have a 10-15 expected life. My rear unit went out completely a couple of months ago. I put about $100 in parts in it and it was still dead. Rather than replacing one unit, I chose to replace both and upgraded to the newest technology, including thermostat. It wasn’t too bad of a job, and moving to south TX for the next 3 years (we’re military), I figured it was a smart investment to have more efficient ACs and not fearing that they’ll die in the middle of a trip.

Just trying to give a different point of view. We have a long list of what we’re going to do to ours to make it more our own and to make it last. Spread it out and it becomes affordable.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x5 View Post
Hi Jeep401,

I think you bought your rig about the same time we bought ours. We looked at the rig you bought in Everette WA. "Tony" was selling it. I think it was Mapleleaf RV?

Can you tell me how to reset it? I have heard about it, but haven't seen anything on how to do it yet. I guess it is pushing two buttons at once?

When you say you need to change out both boards, where are they? I don't know how all of this stuff is interconnected yet. I saw a post where the guy said a dip switch on one of the boards had slipped down from on to off probably due to rough roads. But I don't know where these boards are. Are we talking about somewhere in the air conditioners?

I did find the fuse for the furnace, and it is ok.

I would appreciate any help.
Here is what I know from my experience with my 1999 40fds
My circuit boards are located INSIDE they just sit on top of the ductwork. To Access them you need to remove the 4 long bolts (after removing the white decorative cover) once those bolts are out the ductwork drops out of the way and the circuit boards are readily accessible.

I discovered totally by accident (and it makes no sense to me) but the lo voltage for the stat in my case came from the chassis battery. The display went blank. For whatever reason I tried to start the coach and the chassis battery was dead. Once I charged it the display came back...
Kennzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:41 AM   #18
3x5

I took the rig into service today. Tech tried a new thermostat with same result, so old one is good. He checked each phone wire, replacing the RJ11 ends as he went. Wires to the front air conditioner were good. Then to back air conditioner were good too. He disconnected the phone wires to the back air conditioner and zone 1 (front air conditioner and heat pump) now work on the thermostat. Zone 2 for back air conditioner is gone.
He concluded that I have a bad circuit board
Old 02-14-2019, 12:48 AM   #19
3x5

...to continue...He concluded that I have a bad circuit board in the back air conditioner. He said Dometic doesn't make them anymore. He said I could look on eBay or in salvage yards. He said that otherwise I must buy two new ac's and a new 12 button thermostat.

However, I called Dometic, and they say they DO still make them. Part number 3311557.00. They are all over the internet for about $100.

I need to double check his work and verify the part number. But I do have heat and ac at the front of the coach.

Thanks everyone for you help. When I started with this I had no idea how all of this worked.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:03 AM   #20

I would agree with that diagnosis I would suspect the board as bad as well
Old 02-14-2019, 03:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennzz05 View Post
I would agree with that diagnosis I would suspect the board as bad as well
I have bought something like 4 circuit boards just to have them laying around
Old 02-14-2019, 03:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x5 View Post
...to continue...He concluded that I have a bad circuit board in the back air conditioner. He said Dometic doesn't make them anymore. He said I could look on eBay or in salvage yards. He said that otherwise I must buy two new ac's and a new 12 button thermostat.

However, I called Dometic, and they say they DO still make them. Part number 3311557.00. They are all over the internet for about $100.

I need to double check his work and verify the part number. But I do have heat and ac at the front of the coach.

Thanks everyone for you help. When I started with this I had no idea how all of this worked.
I had the rear AC replaced a year ago, it required a new circuit board for the old front unit. It was not necessary to buy 2 new units, although that would have been the preferred solution as it was covered by an ESP. If it can be repaired with just a new board in the rear unit even better.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
I had the rear AC replaced a year ago, it required a new circuit board for the old front unit. It was not necessary to buy 2 new units, although that would have been the preferred solution and it was covered by an ESP. If it can be repaired with just a new board in the rear unit even better.
I would be inclined to agree. I know theses units are getting old, but $100 fix to me is worth it even if I only get a year or two out of it.
2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #24

I went thru a similar issue on a 2006 alpine. It had the propane furnace but found wrv had prewired a phone cable from rear ac to area where hydro hot would be installed. That cable was bad. We unplugged it from the rear board and zone two came back. Since he didn’t have the hydro hot we left cable disconnected. Only single cable from front ac to rear is necessary on rear ac
Old 02-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #25
3x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
I went thru a similar issue on a 2006 alpine. It had the propane furnace but found wrv had prewired a phone cable from rear ac to area where hydro hot would be installed. That cable was bad. We unplugged it from the rear board and zone two came back. Since he didn’t have the hydro hot we left cable disconnected. Only single cable from front ac to rear is necessary on rear ac
Good point. Thank you. I didn't see what the tech did in the back, but looking later I saw two phone cables back there. We don't have hydro hot, so should see if we have the same problem.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #26
3x5

It will be a while before I can get to this again. But I was looking through some manuals, and I saw that the circuit boards have 3 amp fuses in them. The tech never went on top of the rig and pulled the ac cover, so he couldn't have checked it. This could easily be the problem.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:05 PM   #27

If the tech did not go on roof he only checked data cable at inline connector
Both front and rear ac boards have two phone jack connectors on the boards which can get dirty or minor corrosion which will interrupt data. Yes there is a 3 amp auto style plug in fuse. Not glass
Good luck
Old 02-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
If the tech did not go on roof he only checked data cable at inline connector
Both front and rear ac boards have two phone jack connectors on the boards which can get dirty or minor corrosion which will interrupt data. Yes there is a 3 amp auto style plug in fuse. Not glass
Good luck
My circuit boards are inside resting on top of the metal ductwork. But my rig is a 99

Tags
ace, dometic, furnace, heat, heat pump