Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #1

No power to microwave

I have a 99 Alpine 36 sds. recently while the generator is running, the a/c on, mrs turned on the microwave, a little noise and quit. I have checked the coach receptical where the micro plugs in.,,, no power. Checked the breakers in the bathroom, all seem to be ok. I would not think any 12 V fuses would have any bearing sisnce it is wired to a breaker. Any suggestions??? old trucker

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #2

Check the wall receptacle in the bathroom that has the "reset" red button - having a brain f--- right now and can't remember what it's called

Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
On my '99 36MDS the microwave is on a dedicated breaker in the inverter panel. I'd flip off each breaker and push like I'm resetting it, often a breaker can trip and not be obvious.

Is that the only outlet that's dead? If so the problem almost has to be a breaker.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Old Trucker; It could be the Microwave itself. I would run an extension cord to the Microwave to make sure it still works. I would also check the outlet to see if I have power at the outlet.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fernandez View Post
Old Trucker; It could be the Microwave itself. I would run an extension cord to the Microwave to make sure it still works. I would also check the outlet to see if I have power at the outlet.
Hi Dave, Thanks so much for your suggestion, but I have already checked the plug for power by plugging in a fan,,,, no good. thanks anyway. Old trucker
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
My next suggestion would be to remove the plug and see if one of the wires came loose or the plug went bad. I would also attempt to trace the wire back to the next connection for a loose or broken wire. It could be a loose wire on back of the breaker itself or as mentioned earlier bad breaker. If I am correct your Microwave is located in the Slide out which means a lot of movement every time the side goes in or out. On a friends 36 foot Alpine there is a junction box under the sink near the water heater. The wires from the junction box move in and out with the slide. Since they are solid romex wires it could fatigue and break.

Good Luck on locating the bad connection.

Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power