Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #1

No water pressure from kitchen faucet

We put in a new updated kitchen faucet last year and now there is no water pressure. Checked the filter (screen) at nozzle and it was fine. I don't see any kinks in water lines under the sink. Just a slow trickle of water. Bathroom faucet and shower have full water pressure.

Bruce is still installing our new residential refrigerator and says it is up to me to solve this problem as he has a deadline to get his job done. We are leaving on Wednesday and I would love to not have to do dishes in the bathroom sink.

Any ideas or suggestions?
CarynsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
You didn't mention the hot water pressure. is it equally weak? If you've cleaned the strainer/aerator and got no improvement, I'd unhook the faucet from the supply lines and poke the ends into a bucket, then turn the water pump on and see if the lines deliver full pressure. If they do, you know it's in the faucet. You might be able to force water or air in the faucet opening and blow anything blocking flow out. Also make sure any outside shower valves are all closed, and any filters in the system aren't clogged.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #3

My guess is the cartridge is clogged. That is what happened to mine last year. Had a bunch of white crud in it......kinda like the stuff from the anode rod in the hot water heater.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:28 PM   #4

Yes I forgot to mention the lack of water pressure is both on hot and cold. I did remove the water supply lines and no clogs there. I am confident I will figure this out with help and suggestions.

Caryn
Old 08-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
If you have the taps off can you blow easily through the taps?

Did you turn the pump on when the taps were unhooked and did the water flow fully? Catch the water in a bowl.

My first guess would be something in the taps but since both are equal it is more likely in the aerator or screen but that has been checked? Did you turn the water off when you had the aerator/screen off?
Old 08-26-2016, 05:38 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
You may have to pull the faucet valves apart to clean. If it's a single handle, only one cartridge to remove and flush out, if separate handles, you'll have two.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #7

Not sure if I understand everything that was done. Is the faucet the type that has a hand sprayer that you can pull out of the base and spray around? If so, did you try removing the aerator and turn water on with aerator removed? How about removing sprayer from it's feed line and turn water on? If the pressure is bad in both those cases then, since you had good pressure with the feed lines removed, the problem must be in the distribution valve (assuming it is a single valve for hot and cold). If it is a single valve flow is probably controlled by the handle lifting up on the actual control valve so maybe the adjustment of the "amount of lift" is not great enough.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarynsDream View Post
Yes I forgot to mention the lack of water pressure is both on hot and cold. I did remove the water supply lines and no clogs there. I am confident I will figure this out with help and suggestions.

Caryn

Caryn, if both hot and cold are not working the problem has got to be in the faucet. Since you replaced it last year and do not tell us what make/model the new one is, I will have to be generic. My first guess is it is a ball type valve, a small ball with holes that line up with the supply lines to give you water. That valve is most likely broken and not rotating. Shut the water off, both hot and cold, and disassemble the faucet, you will find the problem inside the faucet.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #9

Thank you everyone for all of the great suggestions. Bruce is hoping to get the new refrigerator out of the middle of the kitchen tomorrow and finish his project up. Then I will try to resolve this, I will post what hopefully works. I believe the faucet is a Hansgrohe.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:11 AM   #10

Low water pressure

I too changed my kitchen faucet. I had the same problem, but being a licensed plumber, I knew where to look. On the hose that connects the pull out spray to the faucet, there is a check valve to prevent reverse flow. It is under the sink, up near the faucet base. You can dis- connect it there and then remove the internals of the check valve. You will then enjoy full flow at the faucet.

Fun Bus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure