Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #1

Now i need a bra

Truck wash off Interstate 5 took most of the protective coating. I also need a couple of slide toppers. I'm quite north of Phoenix but have Coach-Will Travel.
Thanks for your suggestions.

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Are you looking for recommendations on RV repair in the area? If so, I've been happy with RV Master Techs in Goodyear, just west of Phoenix.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Chris, are you talking about the 3m protective film on the front of the coach?

Slide toppers are a job, nice to have two folks because of the springs. If you can leave them until we hook up I can help you replace them.

The S/N's are on one end of the slide topper and you will need that number to order new material. Dometic I think made them, so ordering it from them is my first choice. The manual for mine say they have to be removed to do the job correctly. Before you have them replaced, level up the coach, extend the affected slides and clean that roof portion of those slides first,

I think it may be EPDM rubber roof, if not just wash it good with Dawn or Lemon Joy in very warm water, if it is EPDM, use Protect All Rubber roof cleaner, then re-treat with Protect all Roof Treatment. Camping world sells both, make sure someone did not open, use and then return. Take off the caps, and make sure the tamper seal has not been punctured or opened.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you can get over to Lake Havasu City try 3Ts RV. Dont have their address handy but can get it..

Don
Old 10-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cross View Post
Truck wash off Interstate 5 took most of the protective coating. I also need a couple of slide toppers. I'm quite north of Phoenix but have Coach-Will Travel.

DIY clear bra kit on ebay. Western Avalanche 2000-2002 RV Complete Clear Bra Kit | eBay

description says fits Alpine 2000-2002 but I don't if the front body panels on a 2004 are any different. But only $50.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Bed Liner is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cross View Post
Several years ago I had truck bed liner professionally applied to the generator slide cover instead of the original paint scheme. It still looks good and I've had several compliments on it. Bed liner is available in colors; you could probably have it applied in stripes if you wish. The bed liner material cleans easily and is very tough. Very few, small chips after 5 years and 60,000 miles or so. It's also cheaper than OE paint.
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F&D ABQ View Post
Several years ago I had truck bed liner professionally applied to the generator slide cover instead of the original paint scheme. It still looks good and I've had several compliments on it. Bed liner is available in colors; you could probably have it applied in stripes if you wish. The bed liner material cleans easily and is very tough. Very few, small chips after 5 years and 60,000 miles or so. It's also cheaper than OE paint.
Any pix to post of the bed liner finish?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Hopefully, 2 pix. A little dirty, but note the chips in the gray paint at the top of the closeup, none in the bedliner below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-647445556.png
Views:	72
Size:	1,001.7 KB
ID:	14895   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4229346289.png
Views:	62
Size:	1,001.3 KB
ID:	14896  

F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&D ABQ View Post
We had the bedliner material applied to our slideout also.
It doesn't match as well as well as we had hoped but it sure fixed a problem.
The 02 that we own orginally had the clear lucite panel which was a royal pain. Then we had a bra fabricated, it lasted about 1000 miles before starting to tear. I epoxied the holes from lucite panel mounting and had the generator slide cover sprayed with brown bedliner coating. End of problem

beagle