Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:45 AM   #1

Ok, I have posted all our problems in the past so thought you would like to hear the latest so you can all be happy you do not have this coach.
We left on Tuesday from Texas for a 2 month trip east. Well, on day 3, walking the dogs late at night, guess what. Water pouring out of the basement door. Yea! Turned off the water to the faucet, no water, turned on the pump, water pouing out of the bottom of the pump. So, bad pump. We called WRV, Leslie, our angle, told us there is a 2 year warranty on the pump. We are lucky that we were 1 hour from a dealer. Stopped, got the pump, installed it and all fixed. Get lots of comments on the basement doors wide open with all our stuff laying out so we can dry out. But, everyone has a similar story to tell.

Hope this is the last of it. We figured out we have replaced most of the major stuff. Alternator, Inverter, HWH pump, Dash AC redone, now the water pump. We need to find the number for the Air Compressor, that will probably be next.

Anything else we need to have the phone number for?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2005, 05:45 AM   #2

Ok, I have posted all our problems in the past so thought you would like to hear the latest so you can all be happy you do not have this coach.
We left on Tuesday from Texas for a 2 month trip east. Well, on day 3, walking the dogs late at night, guess what. Water pouring out of the basement door. Yea! Turned off the water to the faucet, no water, turned on the pump, water pouing out of the bottom of the pump. So, bad pump. We called WRV, Leslie, our angle, told us there is a 2 year warranty on the pump. We are lucky that we were 1 hour from a dealer. Stopped, got the pump, installed it and all fixed. Get lots of comments on the basement doors wide open with all our stuff laying out so we can dry out. But, everyone has a similar story to tell.

Hope this is the last of it. We figured out we have replaced most of the major stuff. Alternator, Inverter, HWH pump, Dash AC redone, now the water pump. We need to find the number for the Air Compressor, that will probably be next.

Anything else we need to have the phone number for?

Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 AM   #3

Oh wow, bummer! I'm glad it had a two year warranty. I sometimes worry about our basement getting flooded. A lot of it is in plastic bins - but not all of it!

Where are you headed? We are heading west.

Audrey
Old 09-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #4

I think you are right, everyone has had or will have a water leak. I have them at my home too, just a fact of life.

I run off the coach water pump since we had a leak years ago. I never run off city water. If we have a leak you can hear the pump run. That's just my solution.

Danny

2000 Alpine Millennium Edition
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:12 AM   #5

Water leaks: unfortunately they do happen. I, like Danny always run off the coach water. I do not know what pressure pump is in the 2000 units like Danny's, but the 2005 is a Shur Flo 5.7GPM, which is great pressure. Model is 5900-021. I carry a spare pump as well as that goofy solenoid that controls the chassis battery charging
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #6

Cedar, You can file for the future- pretty sure the air compressor is Cummins & is attached to the block.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Mike,

I'm sure you are correct. I was driving my old rig (98) over Snoqualmie pass doing 70 (freeway) when I lost all air and hydraulic pressure. The hydraulic pump siezed and because it is on a common shaft with the compressor they were both destroyed. Both of the units are driven off the cam shaft gears.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #8

Vagman- How many miles were on your rig @ that time? I've heard of that happening before, though it is the exception rather than the rule.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Vagabondman is having knee surgery today!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:02 AM   #10

I too enjoyed a lower compartment flood; see "lower compartment suggestion" July 24 page 4. Wouldn't the installation of a one way check valve in the output line from the pump (placed in the septic compartment)provide protection and peace of mind? Any problems that anyone knows of?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Engineer Mike,

I'm guessing it was about 15K. We bought that rig with 10K on it and it was soon thereafter.

This may not apply to our newer rigs, but at that time the hydraulic pressure was regulated by shimms in the radiator fan motor. Our rig was not set correctly and was 10% high. It was a big mess. but Cummins and WRV did a great job of getting things fixed; we had no more problems for 45K.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote