Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #1

Hello everyone,
I am on the very brink of buying the above mentioned MH from Holiday motor homes in washington State.
I find this forum to be the most informative site that I have found. I guess what it is, is that I am getting that "cold feet" in the moment of truth. Only because some of the messages {a few} in the Alpine forum are scaring the proverbial @#%$^ out of me.....Especially the one from Stella... I wonder how they are making out with the 2005....?
I also hear many more that are very positive and reassuring.
Maybe because I am a first time buyer of a RV. I am questioning my 3 years of study that has brought me to the Alpine conclusion.
Sinks falling out... fuel gauge problems amongst other problems... But every other RV company has many if not more problems.
I guess I was expecting not much to go wrong with a new coach.....?
I am quite a hands on person, But would not want to spend to much time on problems considering the amount of $ we pay for such a luxury item...

I guess I am caught in that moment of truth and am wondering if this is the right decision.

Also would anyone like to comment on Rv america Insurance. I have a quote of $1528 annual that comes with total loss replacement for first 5 years. 6th year on it pays cost of Rv purchase price. Has anybody had any experience with this Insurance company and is the price of the annual premium in line?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated..the sooner the better... Thank again for any help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #2

Hello everyone,
I am on the very brink of buying the above mentioned MH from Holiday motor homes in washington State.
I find this forum to be the most informative site that I have found. I guess what it is, is that I am getting that "cold feet" in the moment of truth. Only because some of the messages {a few} in the Alpine forum are scaring the proverbial @#%$^ out of me.....Especially the one from Stella... I wonder how they are making out with the 2005....?
I also hear many more that are very positive and reassuring.
Maybe because I am a first time buyer of a RV. I am questioning my 3 years of study that has brought me to the Alpine conclusion.
Sinks falling out... fuel gauge problems amongst other problems... But every other RV company has many if not more problems.
I guess I was expecting not much to go wrong with a new coach.....?
I am quite a hands on person, But would not want to spend to much time on problems considering the amount of $ we pay for such a luxury item...

I guess I am caught in that moment of truth and am wondering if this is the right decision.

Also would anyone like to comment on Rv america Insurance. I have a quote of $1528 annual that comes with total loss replacement for first 5 years. 6th year on it pays cost of Rv purchase price. Has anybody had any experience with this Insurance company and is the price of the annual premium in line?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated..the sooner the better... Thank again for any help.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:24 PM   #3

I think you will be happy, You need to attend one of the Alpine coach Rallys to get the real picture though. An absolutely great group of individuals. I have a 05 40ft. MD and my fulltimer policy is a little over $2000 yrly. for a policy with coverage similar to your homeowners policy. Have not heard any negatives about RV America. Best of luck.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:46 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Wingding:

Buying a Motorhome is a big expense and a scary one I know I bought one. I had reservations after I ordered it but I have enjoyed ownership since we purchased it. As you look at the forum you will notice that when we have problems and we list them on the forum so if we can find out if anyone else has the same problems and yah we sometimes complain about what the factory tells us. Sometime I think they do not know what the problem is, and they come up with some weird answers until they have find out what the cure is.

Remember when car manufactures produces cars they produce them by the thousands and problems are discovered quite fast and the solution is discovered just as fast. When a Motorhome manufacture has a problem it takes a while to find the problem because most Motorhome manufactures only produce a few hundred to a few thousand per year.

All coaches have their share of problems some times coaches have more problems than others. Most of the problems I experienced were not from WRV but from the manufacture of the component. Overall the Alpine has been a great Motorhome, and I would purchase another.

I wish you good luck on your decision.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #5

Purchasing a new motorhome is a tremendous expense and provides plenty of reason for concern. You will probably often question if you chose the "right" one and may even think you did, if you have problems with your's. I have monitored many bulliten boards and have found similar problems on all of them...even those motorhomes that were much more expensive. I think you will find the Alpine is very competetive and if you have a style that suits you, you will be happy. Expect problems, there are always problems. It would be nice if they didn't exist but the motorhome industry does not have the production abilities that car manufacturers have. I believe that you will find that the customer support at WRV will try hard to make your motorhome experience pleasant. They may not always provide the immediate correct solution but will attempt to resolve issues in a fair and timely manner. This is a process...stick with them. I am very happy with my Alpine even though I have had to fix problems. Even after returning home this weekend from a show, viewing all the new 2005s, I prefer my Alpine and recognize that issues will arise with any motorhome. Most of the Alpine owners I know feel the same.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:28 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I can relate to your feelings. While I didn't get an Alpine, my situation was similar. AFTER we had our Allegro Bus ordered we found the TiffinRVnetwork, where we noticed there were a number of problems listed. We were beginning to second guess our decision to go with the Tiffin. However, web forums are a place where RVers share information, and generally the information they are seeking is the answer to a problem. Therefore, the majority of the posts on any web forum are problem related. The many RVs that are problem free just don't get the press coverage that the problems do so it's really not a true representation of the product. Once we got our Allegro Bus we found it to be as close to perfect as could be and those initial worries were unfounded. The few minor things that did surface were dealt with swiftly and efficiently by my dealer.

I'm sure that your Alpine Coach will be the same. As you can see by these responses, there are a number of satisfied owners out there. You may have a few initial things to sort out (most RVs do) but I'm sure they'll be taken care of and you'll be off enjoying your Alpine Coach in no time.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:56 PM   #7

hello wingding,
this is stella,call me will talk 425 765 7509
Old 01-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Stella,

You haven't been on the forum since you recieved your '05. How has the new coach been?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:43 PM   #9

Wing-
You sound like an engineer ;-) I'd say the real "choice" is whether you want to be a motorhomer or not. After that, select a good manufacturer, then spec out your coach. There are some manufacturer's units I wouldn't own, but WRV makes my cut list for two reasons. First, I think they have above average design & execution (I like the brakes, load range H tires, wheelbase, exterior fit & finish...), in a field where average is troublesome. Second, they seem to be both well backed in terms of service, and willing to work with owners to solve the type of problems incumbent w/a live-in product. Some of those who don't make the cut seem to have a leave-them-hanging approach.

For best results, take a 2-3 week shake-down immediately on delivery, culminating at the factory w/your punchlist & a scheduled warranty service. That seems to help w/the sorts of trouble that can't be resolved by a DIY'er. (Personally, I like having some DIY work to do on my rig; I know that will get done right, & it keeps me out of my wife's hair.) And of course, this forum & the Trailer Life Tech Forum are invaluable and fun at the same time. Good luck in your decision.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:00 PM   #10

To update you all on our "lemon", we are finally very happy with new Alpine Coach (so far!). We have only had time to take a couple of short trips with it, but are leaving for the sun this coming weekend.
Mike Glazier at WRV was fundamental in our receiving our new coach. It doesn't seem that he gets much support from his superior though and is in the tough position of being the one to put out all of the fires over there. He is not given the authority to make customer related decisions and the customer then must wait for his superior to return from his yachting around the San Juan Islands. We could have found a much better use for the $2000.+ that we had to spend on an attorney to let them know that we were serious and were not going to accept our faulty coach.
In the end though, after a summer without a coach to enjoy and payments to still make, our new coach is beautiful and the quality so far seems to be very high. Mike Glazier is a great guy and we feel that he did everything within his power to get us into our new coach as soon as he possibly could. We now have Hydro Hot and it is highly recommended by the way!
The folks at Holiday Motorhomes in Everett, WA were behind us the whole way through the whole awful experience with the old coach. They could have left us high and dry to deal with WRV on our own but didn't. We are very thankful to them and would refer anyone to their store in a heartbeat.
Stella
Old 01-24-2005, 07:23 PM   #11

Stella, thanks for the update, it is great to here that the 05 is doing well.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:35 AM   #12

Stella,
Thanks also for the update. Your situation has been watched by a lot of us, waiting to hear. You might want to add this update to your previous thread to keep that thread intact, and post there again w/a thorough laundry list of goods & bads in 90 days or so of using the coach full time. Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:36 PM   #13

I want to thank everyone for their informative input. I can honestly say that I have learned something from everyone and am always willing to learn more.
I have made the big purchase and will be meeting in Mesa, Arizona to pick up the Alpine. I am do there about the second of February.I was able to find a even better Insurance policy that covers everything equally and more with a lower deductible {$250}.Explorer.
Engineer Mike... You really hit it on the head. I indeed am influenced by the engineering aspects of the Alpine above all. And the second sentence of whether I want to be in a motor home...Well you hit it right on the head !!!
I have asked myself this question over and over for about 3 years now. It is my belief that I am ready for this....or I would not be so "absorbed" with it. I can think of a unlimited amount of things that I want to do with it and my lifestyle is at a point were I can truely enjoy it. Your insight is wonderful!! Thank you. Hopefully we will meet at a future Alpine rally. Everything you said about the Brakes/ Toyo tires/wheelbase/Plus the exterior fit and finish{I just like the design}
It was made to be driven !!!
I have also seen enough evidence that the manufacturer {WRV} and the staff do really care about their product. This to me was the deciding factor.

Although problems are had,CRUZER made a very good and sound judgement remark, that it will be the problems that will be heard mostly on this web site.And any Rv web site.We come here often to seek solutions to our problems.Of course there are other sections here to, for other information.This Irv2 is one heck of a wonderful site. Having a Alpine section is just BONUS !!! I want to thank you Cruzer for easing my mind to that fact.
DAVE FERNANDEZ has also made me aware of the fact that these are not "mass produced cars" so it is only natural that it will take time to find the problems because of the low numbers manufactured. I also have to acknowledge his very-very good point that it is more times then not... The manufacturer of the COMPONENT of the motor home that is more times then not... the guilty party. After reading the complete Alpine section, this was fairly evident to me.Very good insight Dave !!!

STEVES, you eased my mind to the fact that ALPINE stands behind their product. I have seen many situations where this is absolutely true. Heck, Alpine management actually monitors this section to help owners with solutions to problems.
STELLA and myself had a wonderful talk the other day. MR was gracious as he pointed out certain aspects that might slow the process down. Not for the want to help, but because certain channels must be followed. Although he had to wait longer then any of us would like, I can understand how his situation was now. I am truely happy to see his problems taken care of. It was big in my deciding factor. Thank you STELLA for your important time with me !!!
I also want to Thank WAYNE ROUTHIER for a wonderful private chat as he was kind enough to go over all the aspects that I will face in my Alpine since we both have identical coaches.This not only helped me greatly but made me aware of what downfalls I might encounter. So rather them have a problem out on the open road, I have had my dealer "Double check" a few certain issues that might be "weak points". Apond receiving the coach, I will "TRIPLE check" it. I believe this will help to greatly reduce my shake down list in the near future.

Lastly, I want to thank you ALPINERVER for being the first person to answer a "Nervous" would be ALPINE owner. It was nice to get a answer to my question and you got the ball rolling. Your thoughts to attending some Alpine Rallies are well founded and I shall heed your advice.

So I shall hopefully meet with many of you, for it will be my pleasure.
I look foward to it and know that we will have much to enjoy and talk about!!
My thanks to all, New alpine owner, Mark Wendlinger
Old 01-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #14

Under Stella, "Not for the want to help" Typing mistake ...Should say... "Not for the want to not help".....
My mistake