Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #1

One of my bedroom slides has no seal???

So ever since we bought our coach, one of the bedroom slides (the slide that actually moves the bed) has been leaking. Well, I put it off since it hasn't rained much while I had the slide out. Well, it has been raining terrible in Arkansas this week and now the leak is on my mind again. I thought I'd go take a look at it (finally).

I found that there is no seal around the slide... none at all? My front slide has that foam sticky seal, the other bedroom slide has a molding with a seal on it, but this one has none. As far as I can tell, it never has one. Is this right or am I missing something?

Thanks!

GT

GTHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #2

Bump. Anyone?

Thanks!

GT

Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Are you the original owner? It would seem that a 2003 Coach with no slide seal would have a fair amount of visible water damage by now if it had never had one. It could be that it was damaged or rotting prior to your purchase and someone just pulled it off.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry GT. I intended to get a photo of my slide seal(s) for you, since we have the same coach. I'll try to remember tomorrow. It is sealed and does not leak, except one freak sideways rain. I just cannot remember the exact layout of the seal.

Are you seeing light all the way around? I can only see a bit of light where the ram under the bed passes outside, under the slide (pull the bed drawers to see).

Sounds like you've been burgled.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #5

Just to be clear, this is the seal when the slide is open, so it may be that the PO's just didn't have it open that much in bad weather.

I would very much appreciate any pictures so I can try to fix this. Thanks!

GT
Old 09-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #6

I think I may be making some progress on my water leak. The seal I was expecting seems to be on the outside. Anyway, I did find the leak. Looking from the outside with the slide out, there is a gap at the corner. As the side of the slide meets the bottom of the slide, there is a 1/4" 45 degree angle. Well, I can shine a flashlight right into the coach through this small gap.

I need to fill that gap and I'm not sure what to use. I was thinking about using some RTV, but I'm not sure. I'll have to attach a picture when I get back to the coach to explain what is going on. Anyone else been through this?

GT
Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
GT,

I hope this is "better late than never," here are photos of my "bed" slide. The seal on the pass side bedroom slide is the same.

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote