Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:21 AM   #1

wrapped in a new 36fdts. Early July pick-up @ the factory. Ordered HydroHot, solar, & other toys, & '05 paint job (the '06 color schemes were Greek to us). Can't wait to be floating along on a Peak chassis.

Kids will have to earn their own retirement; we just spent their inheritance!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2005, 08:21 AM   #2

wrapped in a new 36fdts. Early July pick-up @ the factory. Ordered HydroHot, solar, & other toys, & '05 paint job (the '06 color schemes were Greek to us). Can't wait to be floating along on a Peak chassis.

Kids will have to earn their own retirement; we just spent their inheritance!

Old 04-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new coach. I'll betcha that July just won't seem to come fast enough.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #4

Congrats Mike - that's quite an accessory to go with your wife's footrest!

The FDTS is a beautiful floor plan. Other than that we have a very similar setup to yours.

What do you mean new color schemes "Greek" to you? Not enough information? Ours is a wild paint job, but we like it! Admit that we ordered sight unseen - took a wild chance. Our jaws dropped when we first got a photo. Didn't know that the '05 paint job was an option, actually.

Our coach arrived at the dealers today - took 3 days to bring it down from factory. Be ready for PDI Monday afternoon. If all goes well with PDI we will be taking possession Tuesday morning (have to execute a wire transfer of funds and that needs to be done early in the day).

Best of luck with yours!

Audrey
Old 04-23-2005, 11:35 AM   #5

Audrey- We got 5 photos from the factory, 1 ea. of the 5 color schemes for '06. 2 of them are predominantly black; rich looking but will show all the dirt & more, and will collect all the sun's heat. We like parking next to black coaches, cuz it jazzes up the neighborhood, but I'd never want to own one. The only other color combo that might have been Ok was the Peacock, but the photo was of a coach off in the distance & somewhat out of focus; couldn't make a decent decision on that. The other 2 colors, Meadowlands, & Amber looked so washed out in the photos we didn't want to chance that the coach would actually look that way. Greek, cuz we couldn't tell if the color combo's were as wierd as the photos looked or if the photos were that bad. We opted for the '05 Sherwood colors that show on the WRV website.

Best of luck on checking out your new rig. We are anxious to hear your reports! Mike
Old 04-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #6

Too bad your photos were washed out. We went with the Meadowlands which is kind of the successor to Sherwood (because it has some greens). The photos we got were not washed out but we only got pictures of the Meadowlands. The colors are light with a medium toned green and a rather rich looking copper/brown.

Yes we definitely prefer lighter colors in a coach.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #7

Ouch!!! Not sure what I did wrong, but I called the factory Friday & our coach delivery has been shoved out to September. They haven't even started the chassis. And now the wife wants to "re-assess" our order.
Holy Cow! Thought I'd be in a new coach by July (orig delivery projection was 7/1) & now we're back to shopping
Old 06-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #8

Wow - that's not good! Did you order it through a dealer? Did you pay a deposit? Was there no explanation?

Really curious.

Audrey
Old 06-06-2005, 07:19 AM   #9

Paid $10k down thru Guaranty RV; that's how we got the 7/1 due date. Explanation is that coaches over $160k have stopped selling; supposedly same @ other manufacturers. But my quandry is- what does that have to do w/our order? I had already scheduled vacation to pick up the coach @ the factory. Stoopid me.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 AM   #10

Is that the explanation from Guaranty RV? - that doesn't make any sense at all since this was an order. I mean WRV's coaches are all over $160K I think.

Something fishy here.

I think the coaches take about 2 months to build, so I can't imagine why delivery would have been pushed out to September unless a) your order was temporarily "lost" b) the factory is running under capacity for some weird reason or c) the factory is running at full capacity and had a bunch of orders in before yours (although you probably wouldn't have been quoted the 7/1 delivery date in that case).

Audrey
Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #11

That was the factory's explanation. Something about reducing throughput cuz of drop-off in sales that sounded like layoffs. The western states rep said he was "getting in a coach to go help sell some coaches off dealer lots."
Rep said it was all manufacturers, not just WRV.
I was flabergasted, stunned & didn't push much as a result. I did ask about whether our chassis was even started. Answer was no, it's in parts & not yet started. My first post above was not date of our actual order; it was a coupla of weeks before. That was just the date I added the footrest.
Maybe the muffler bearings are on back order?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:45 AM   #12

Wow - well this is really unfortunate. And it seems just nuts to lose a sale because your sales are down (huh? seems like you would at least build the ordered units). Seems like someone should at least have contacted you about the delay as soon as they made the decision to slow down the line.

I sure hope WRV can turn this around. The 2006 is their best MH by far (IMO of course). I mean they really made some fabulous upgrades, we're so glad we waited for the 2006. But there may be too many 2005s sitting on dealer lots. There is probably a lot of competition in their price range right now, although there are many things that make the Alpine Coach unique in it's category (which is why we bought one).

Audrey
Old 06-06-2005, 08:53 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

I've heard about a supposed dropoff industry wide but it conflicts with other information I had. Recent reports show that class A's are up over last year and that the DPs are gaining even more market share. I do know that Newmar had a temporary layoff to "adjust" their schedule but Tiffin has recently expanded their production so that they can make more because their popularity has increased the lead time.

September sounds an awful long time to wait just because of an industry "adjustment".
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #14

Still in limbo on this.
To WRV's partial credit (my original order is still back in line per earlier post), they offered to pull an in-process coach ahead of mine & re-tool it to match my option list, for a possible 8/25 delivery. At least they are trying.
Now Guaranty of Junction City, OR (dealer where I ordered the coach), called yesterday; they want $9,000 more to complete the deal. A story about how they forgot to include the HydroHot in their pricing, even though it is in my original quote request & on their quote. Was supposed to get a call back from their sales VP yesterday, but nothing. Frustrating to say the least.

"If its not one thing, then its the other thing."