Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
We started the process at Albuquerque. A new coach ordered to our specs. Guaranty (Rich and Lindsey)and Burk Morgan helped us through the order. We're not new to Aplines - we're trading in our '06 34FDDS.

The whole process has been great so far. Besides selecting from the option list, we wanted some specific things on this new coach: 12v puck lights under the bedroom cabinets; extra outlet behind sofa; outlet behind buddy seat on inverter. WRV (Burk) said Okay.

I wanted to totally change the AV cabinets on both sides of the TV. My general ideas were designed by Dave Catron at the factory and I think I'm going to really like the new setup. It really opens up the ventilation and reduces the fans to two from four, and I'm not sure I'll even need them. The upper part of the cabinets will be shelfs so I can easily move TV and stereo components around or change them out without any new cabinet work. WRV uses an actual HDTV up front now, so that should simplify a lot of the problems some folks have because of the prior monitors without a tuner.
WRV (Burk) didn't hesitate to commit WRV to work with me. I saw the cabinets both before and after installation, and I think they will work great.

We love the new Cosmopolitan and Riviera paint jobs, but I'm not that into washing the coach to keep the black cleaned of dust and water spots. So WRV let us pick out our own colors. Actually, we'll look like the Milan top but with a little lighter bottom and with basically the Cosmo graphics.

The coach is supposed to come off the factory floor on January 11th. We have a factory pickup on January 15th. We'll head south as soon as we can, but we'll want to get acquainted with all the new stuff and debug as much as possible before we go. I hope it goes as smooth as E-Mike and his '08. We may not make it in time for Quartzsite, but we'll see everyone in Las Vegas and Pamona.

Terry & Patty McGuire
06 34FDDS currently parked in the snow
08 36FDTS currently on the factory floor
06 Jeep Wrangler waiting for a tow

TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
We started the process at Albuquerque. A new coach ordered to our specs. Guaranty (Rich and Lindsey)and Burk Morgan helped us through the order. We're not new to Aplines - we're trading in our '06 34FDDS.

The whole process has been great so far. Besides selecting from the option list, we wanted some specific things on this new coach: 12v puck lights under the bedroom cabinets; extra outlet behind sofa; outlet behind buddy seat on inverter. WRV (Burk) said Okay.

I wanted to totally change the AV cabinets on both sides of the TV. My general ideas were designed by Dave Catron at the factory and I think I'm going to really like the new setup. It really opens up the ventilation and reduces the fans to two from four, and I'm not sure I'll even need them. The upper part of the cabinets will be shelfs so I can easily move TV and stereo components around or change them out without any new cabinet work. WRV uses an actual HDTV up front now, so that should simplify a lot of the problems some folks have because of the prior monitors without a tuner.
WRV (Burk) didn't hesitate to commit WRV to work with me. I saw the cabinets both before and after installation, and I think they will work great.

We love the new Cosmopolitan and Riviera paint jobs, but I'm not that into washing the coach to keep the black cleaned of dust and water spots. So WRV let us pick out our own colors. Actually, we'll look like the Milan top but with a little lighter bottom and with basically the Cosmo graphics.

The coach is supposed to come off the factory floor on January 11th. We have a factory pickup on January 15th. We'll head south as soon as we can, but we'll want to get acquainted with all the new stuff and debug as much as possible before we go. I hope it goes as smooth as E-Mike and his '08. We may not make it in time for Quartzsite, but we'll see everyone in Las Vegas and Pamona.

Terry & Patty McGuire
06 34FDDS currently parked in the snow
08 36FDTS currently on the factory floor
06 Jeep Wrangler waiting for a tow

Old 12-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
TerryM...
You must be quite excited! Congratulations I am sure you will be taking plenty of pictures and sharing with us all here at iRV2!
Safe travels down south..and feel free to stop by and say "hello" to the Monaco Forum Toll Troll if you are traveling through Eugene!
Again...Congrats to you!

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #4

Terry,
I am so excited for you guys I can't wait to see this beauty. What is really exciting is to hear about all the cooperation you are getting from WRV. Goooooo Burk! I am sorry you will miss QZ but be sure and send pics. We will see you when you get back to AZ.
Yea for you and WRV!
Lyle & Cath
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #5

Congratulations!

Hope to see your new coach at the Nv rally!
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Terry and Patty,

Congrads. on your new coach. You have so far to go to get to the factory, How will you ever get ther on time??

Please keep us posted on how things go and best wishes.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Terry & Patty,

Hearty congratulations!! Sounds like you had a great time customizing your new Alpine, and it's really nice to hear of the continued willingness of WRV to work with us owners.

If you're coming to Las Vegas and Pomona, I'd like to extend an invitation to you (and anyone else interested) to join us at our SoCal regional rally in Pahrump, NV. We specifically planned our rally for the weekend prior to the ACA pre-rally in Las Vegas. Check out our website at www.alpinesocal.com for a registration form if you are interested.

Good luck with your PDI next month! See you down the road...but how will we recognize you? Post pics!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #8

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Keep us posted and show us some photos! Happy RV-ing....Ron!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
We go in tomorrow for PDI and factory pickup. I'm trying to see if I can post a photo I took while the coach was getting ready for us.

New coach - New paint

Good news for us. The coach is a 2009, not a 2008.

Terry & Patty McGuire
Ready and Excited
Old 01-15-2008, 06:45 AM   #10

Beautiful!!!! Let's see some more photos. I've heard there are some floorplan changes to the newest models. Are there?
Old 01-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #11

Terry- Sweet paint. And w/a 2009 just minted, our 08 is starting to look old (if SWMBO sees that she'll slap me ).

On your test drive have the wife check in the bedroom for exhaust smell. We have a leak there that goes balistic when the fancy new cataclysmic converter does a "regen." Izzy & his crew worked a lot on the bed hinge seam, but some of the alum. tape they used fell off. The leak is a lot like old diesel exhaust (not the clean new exhaust smell) when the regen does its thing, and it takes over the coach. Another inch or so of exhaust extension wouldn't hurt, but that isn't a solution for the leak. See my new topic on 08 Exhaust Temp Light for more info on regens.

Also IIWY I'd check the fit of the kitchen slide rear ram cover to the SmartBed notch. Our SB clips the alum pan over the ram end if the slide is out, so I have to put the slide in to operate the rear DS SB to avoid damage. It didn't colide at first, but it was close; now the two parts try to occupy the same time-space locus along the vertical edge of the notch. Factory suggested adjusting the slide up which doesn't sound like it would have much influence on a vertical seam, but I haven't tried yet.

On your living room slide, check the floor alignment of the coach under the slide. You can do this easily by opening the entry door, and sighting down the trim line of the coach/chassis (an aluminum convex extrusion). If it is a straight line from front to past the PS slide then you have a well made floor line and should be in good shape.

Best of luck. I'll wager things go well. The "new" WRV is starting to run slick.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #12

E Mike- I'm old. What's an IIWY, a DS, a PS???
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
E-Mike,

Thanks for those tips. I'll be checking them out tomorrow. I did run the DS slide out past the open smart beds today and didn't hear anything bad so they must have missed each other. I'll tell Izzy to get some new tape. Actually, today went well, but we'll finish the delivery tomorrow. A few small issues so far, but nothing that is major.

Rick,

Thanks for the comments. I don't think the floorplan on our 36 triple slide is really any different than the older coaches. But the interior itself is great, with the higher ceilings and all tile flooring throughout (except the bedroom). The natural cherry woodwork looks terrific.

My 2 super quiet fans up in the entertainment center can barely be heard with the new configuration of the cabinets. I had to get my head right up there with the TV turned all the way down to make sure they were even running.

I'll try to post some more pictures later, but right now we're just trying to get settled into the new coach so we can get out of this cold northwest. At least I did find out this evening that the aqua hot works fantastic in the 20's; nice even heat throughout the coach and virturally no noise inside.

Terry McGuire
I didn't know we had so much stuff in the '06 Alpine.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:32 AM   #14

Terry be sure and run the dishwasher through a cycle while at the factory. Ours didn't work and we had to wait until we got back to the factory for a new one.(9 mos) Can hardly wait to see the coach, be sure and let us know when you get back to Apache Junction so we can come looky see. Missing you guys at DRR.
Cathy

Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote