Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Paint Codes

I need the paint codes for a 2005 Alpine. It is Dark Brown, Light Brown, Light Gold, Light Grey - whatever!
tjshively is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I can't speak to the 2005 paint codes but I did have some painting done recently on my 2003. My experience and those discussed on previous threads suggest that using those paint codes is NOT reliable. The paint shop said that the Alpine Gold code for my coach was pretty close but the others were not. So, they just do a computer based color match and use whatever paint they prefer (Dupont typically ... as opposed to Diamont).

Unless you're doing the painting yourself, the paint shop can probably match the color. That's my experience.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
OK - Thanks
tjshively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I just had mine touched up and the painter scoffed at my "chart". His results look perfect. He says he had only one miss, when starting out.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride
Were did you have your rig touched up? We have a couple spots that need touch up, but not enough to pay something outragious! Was your guy reasonable and if so, who did your work?
Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I'm in the process of having some "dings" touched up on our 2005 Platinum Premium Exterior. The shop is doing an excellent "match" job. At one time you could get from WRV the commercial equivalent to the paints that they used so some one should have these. I found the codes on the back of a cabinet door in my rig.
It appears that you have the "Woodlands" (earthtones) color scheme although "Brandywine" (spice) had some of the same tones.

2005 Alpine Coach 36MDDS
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Capt Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Oroville:

Most good automotive paint shops have the ability to airbrush touch ups. If that's all you need, it's much cheaper than an RV equipped place. A friend of mine from San Diego, just had a mobile service that often services his storage yard do a great job.

For bigger touch ups, The Paint Department in Corona does good work.

While my recent paint work at a different shop turned out well, I cannot vouch for their timeliness and cannot recommend them any longer.