Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #1

Part number for HWH Emergency Slide Retraction Rods

Apparently no one had the information regarding the HWH emergency slide retraction rods on my original post; so I kept bugging Frank at HWH and he was, after considerable, able to come up with the part number for these items. As you may recall, I was searching for rod lengths or part numbers for the 2006 or 2007 (other model years may use the similar threaded rods) curbside dining room slide. If you should ever blow a hydraulic line for this slide you WILL NOT muscle it back in place without these rods. I take that back, you might if you have access to a fork lift.

According to Frank these threaded rods are for their "Universal Level Out" model. They are sold in a set consisting of one smaller diameter and shorter rod to be used to initially lift the slide; the other of larger diameter and much longer to retract the slide once it is lifted. You will need two sets as they are used simultaneously; so you better have two 1/2" ratchets, or similar tool, and a willing partner for this job.

The part number is RAP-92464 and are priced at $38.80 per set, plus the usual shipping and handling. If this sounds a bit pricey; consider that they are not the usual cut threads, but are milled with a special pitch, a nut is welded on one end for your ratchet and are then plated. All in all when you think of what it would be like waiting for the correct replacement hose to be shipped to your dry camp site somewhere out in the boonies; then either you do the install or try to find someone to come to you, this is indeed a bargain.
Birddog Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #2

Dick- Congratulations on your successful sleuthing! I do the same thing when I really need something. Between this group, patience. and personal persistence you can find almost anything.