Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
Somehow I'm able to defer any issues until Saturday mornings, when the helpful folks in Yakima are enjoying a weekend away. While retracting the power cord in Silver City NM this AM, it got most of the way in, then appeared to slow as if the reel was getting full, and then stopped. Probably a fuse somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find just where it might be. Once I get it started likely the best course of action will be to pull it all the way out and rewind -- in hopes of getting a better fit on the reel. If anyone has had this issue, would appreciate your weekend guidance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Somehow I'm able to defer any issues until Saturday mornings, when the helpful folks in Yakima are enjoying a weekend away. While retracting the power cord in Silver City NM this AM, it got most of the way in, then appeared to slow as if the reel was getting full, and then stopped. Probably a fuse somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find just where it might be. Once I get it started likely the best course of action will be to pull it all the way out and rewind -- in hopes of getting a better fit on the reel. If anyone has had this issue, would appreciate your weekend guidance.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #3

I'm not sure if you have a thermal breaker or not; if so you may just have to wait till cool and try again.

Our reel often slips on the cord when it's mostly retracted, and I have to go backward/forward on the switch a few times, while holding the cord free from any obstructions to get it going again.

If you have lost power to the motor and can't get it going, someone else will have to let you know where the fuse is located.

By the way on another subject, our Datastorm is working fine since we installed it. I have had to call Bill Adams only about 3 times. I have found, however I tend to get a message 48 and have to restart the D3 controller most of the time, unless I start the search routine from the D3 and not from the PC.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
RVer - We had similar problem with our '03 and it was the micro switch behind the rollers on the power cord reel. Glendinning replaced ours and we never had another problem. I'm not sure where the fuse would be on the '07 if your power is totally gone on it.
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks so much for the quick replies. Thankfully the DataStorm system let us post the query from a parking lot in Alpine, AZ -- and by the time we'd arrived in Show Low (only a couple of hours later) we had two helpful suggestions. The even better news is that once we'd arrived for the evening, I had time to poke around and viola! A 15 amp fuse clearly marked as "Cable Master" was there. It was cooked -- now replaced, and all works nicely. The only remaining issue would seem to learn how to have the cord coil more evenly inside the real.

Still, the main teaching point here is -- what a great group this is!

Tom
Old 03-18-2007, 05:11 AM   #6

RversOnline, glad you found your fuse. I believe if you check your manual you will find that the fuse should be a 20 AMP. This is why it blew. For some reason WRV put 15 Amp fuses in the cablemaster instead of 20's.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:28 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Ted, thanks for the tip! We're leaving later today to head to Yakima for our PDI...this is going on the list.

Gail
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:48 AM   #8

RVersOnline,

You said that after poking around, you found the clearly marked fuse. Can you describe the location of the fuse? If some of us have a similar problem, then we will know where to look for the fuse. Thanks
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:58 AM   #9

Dale, I am 2 sites from you in site 36 as you know. Unless they moved the fuses in 06 the fuse is in the area with all the plug in fuses. Back by the head in our 34. In fact it should be the second plug-in fuse. Your chart should show it. Hopefully you were provided with a chart.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #10

Ted and Dale,
that is where ours is located (in the panel in the hall near the head). Mine blew too right after we got it and we replaced it with the 20 amp.. no more problems.

Tom, I havent had a problem with the cord rewinding unevenly and causing binding, I think it was just underfused, but I do guide the cord in when retracting.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
I was told, by I don't remember who, that the 10 amp fuse I had was not to be there, but a 20 amp fuse was what it called for. I've not changed any, but I wipe and assist the reel when it's rewinding the cable. I've not had any problem with it, tho' I was advised from the previous owner where the fuse was and the potential problems lay.

Happy tripping.......