Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2007, 04:40 AM   #1

On my 2001, I had a set of Prompt covers (silver) - now in the Classifieds. For the new coach, I'm thinking of getting another set - color matched - but was wondering if anyone has used different styles/makes that might be easier even than the Prompts.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2007, 04:40 AM   #2

On my 2001, I had a set of Prompt covers (silver) - now in the Classifieds. For the new coach, I'm thinking of getting another set - color matched - but was wondering if anyone has used different styles/makes that might be easier even than the Prompts.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:04 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I'm not sure you are going to find anything easier - I love ours and can do the front and side windows by myself in about 5 minutes with no need for a ladder. I suppose you could go with inside ones, but I really think the outside are better.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I have the Prompt RV Sunscreen Co type and really like them.Very easy to put on and off.There add is in the back of the FMCA mag.
APEXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #5

Trust me, David, you do NOT want to go with the interior shades. We had them and they were very difficult to put up, especially on the driver's side. You had to be a contortionist to get them up, then they kept falling down. We used them twice but found them to be total aggravation. Ended up cutting them up to use the material for other purposes.
We then got the Prompt Shades and have been quite happy with them.

Lois (& John) Miller
'02 Alpine 38FDDS w/ Blue Ox Aventa, '01 Ranger 4x4 w/ Drive shaft disconnect, Brake Buddy
rosegramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I am looking into these shades as well. How do you attach tem to the passenger side with a front door? Do most use the mounted clip or suction cup? Does the suction cup really keep them in place? If you use the mount is their a metal stud that you must hit?

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #7

The passenger side door window is covered with a suction cup at the top and bottom. These are industrial strength cups so they do hold. The window behind the passenger door also has a similar cover.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #8

Thanks for the responses. you've helped me talk myself into a new set. Now if someone would just come along and buy the silver set.....
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry, I should have been more clear. How do attach the front window shade to the passenger side of the coach? I know the three options are suction cup, mounting bracket or passenger window rain gutter. Since I have a front door model I don't think I can use the rain gutter option. So my question is, do people use the suction cup or the mounting bracket and if you use the suction cup do you ever have problems with it coming off or making a mark on the paint?

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by work2play:
.... if you use the suction cup do you ever have problems with it coming off or making a mark on the paint? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In my experience with Bill Rex's product the suction cups do not adversly effect the paint on the coach. I just apply a little windex maybe to clean the surface and whack the cup in place.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #11

Every once in a while, a suction cup would come loose. I guess from now on I will follow the above advice and "...whack the cup in place."
Old 05-03-2007, 04:30 AM   #12

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Be sure to wipe off the areas where the suction cups will attach. When suction cups keep coming off, we have had good luck by applying a drop of cooking oil to the suction cup and wiping it off.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
You might consider the screens from MCD Motor Coach Designs. They use velcro at the bottom secure points to allow a nice tight fit every time. I've been very happy with the fit, look and easeof install.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #14

New screens just arrived - they look great as did the old ones. Brown looks good on the Sherwood Green color scheme. Old silver ones looked good on the white/black/silver. They're still available in the Classified section.