Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Bryon, all the options are included is the easiest way to say it. I also have a silverleaf engine/systems monitoring system inlu of individual control panels for the inverter for instance.

I won't say its better or worse than the Limited SE's, but the workmanship seems to be better on those than the APEX. In theory it was a great idea, WRV did not in my opinion follow through on the quality part. APEX's seem to have more electrical issues, and for sure, from the factory they did not have enough alternator output, at 160A it could not handle the inverter load going down the road. Mine failed at 23K miles, and I replaced it with delco-remy 200A one which is a dream. In fact once we made that switch/repair, the overall coach seemd to work better, don't ask me why. If we had it to do over again, we would not get the apex, in fact we would purchase a Monaco most likely. We have had so many issues, the BH does not even like to go out in it any more. Now we are dealing with the Bedroom vanity slide not going out, and that one has been problematic since we purchased the coach. The main slide leaks, but that is fixable. There are other problems which have cropped up as well as maintenance items still on my punch list. BUT, there is not one RV made today which is trouble free, as it was explained to me, you are driving an earthquake down the road, and it does not stop shaking until you stop. So things are going to break from that movement, and regardless maintenance on whatever you have.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
That being said.......

Prior to the Apex being available, the Alpine Coach could be ordered with various options that the buyer could select individually. Many of the earlier ones have all the options that were available at that time. Apex's have a few things not optioned on the Alpine Coach (called an SE Limited while Apex's existed). I'm sure the Apex owners will be happy to discuss their vaunted differences, many of which were temperamental initially. They even have their own Yahoo Group!

WRV also went the cheap route, by stripping down a coach and calling it an Avalanche. It had different caps and looked like a cross between a Fleetwood and an Alpine Coach. As previously mentioned, they had LOTS of problems, with the factory having to buy back several (some say most, IIRC).

Can't wait to hear what you find.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am looking at a 2007 37' alpine limited SE. It has 18000 miles, and is in excellant condition. I will be new to owning a diesel RV, after owning a 32' gas pacearrow years ago. I would welcome any advice on what to look for, or have looked at by a RV tech, before I make an offer. I also need some advice on where to find a source to establish the used price of such a vehicle.

Thank you Bill
wdstrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #18

wdstrand,

See this link for a discussion of pricing, albeit on an un-used 2008 Alpine Coach. The comments are still valid for considering the 2007 that you mentioned:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/2008...-se-91874.html
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #19

The quick answer is that the APEX has more bells and whistles, many of them running through a Silverleaf system to control them. Sometimes that means more things to go wrong, and more effort to fix them.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #20

Bill- where is the coach located?
You'll like driving the Alpine, and love the room to store "stuff."
@ 18K the bugs should be mostly worked out. Tires may be on the end of their lifespan; you can check the "date brand" on them and if they are 5 years old, then its time. You can check the Steering Bracket thread for photos & info on that issue, which if it hasn't been addressed will need to.
An 07 is past the rear axle bolt issue, so no need to sweat that. There is a "cunifer brake line" issue that may or may not be problematic, but is an easy fix.
An 07 is due for brake fluid replacement, and other services if not done per the "date" schedule (vs. the mileage schedule).
Good hunting, and feel free to ask about whatever comes up.

And oh, BTW, Welcome to iRV2!!! In case you haven't figured it out yet, this is the best place on the web to get RV answers fast.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
We have a 2001 and unlike al these newer rigs, we have not had a bit of trouble with our rig. Have replaced the tires once, even though the original still looked good. We only have 2 slides but we look at it like, less to go wrong! And still have plenty of room for us and the dog!
Orville is offline   Reply With Quote