Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Quartzite questions

Hi all, just had a couple questions as were trying to come down there for the meeting as I understand it. Ok first where is it? I mean im no stranger to AZ but have never heard of it in my travels. And my grandfather was also wondering if there's any wear near to do some fishing down there as he is a fish nut and must try to do some fishing wherever we go. Also do we have to reserve a spot ahead of time? I appreciate everyones response ahead of time. Thanks, Matt

Proud owners of a 2000 Alpine Coach 36' FDS w/ 330 Cummins and 6 speed allison
MattyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Google maps are a good place to look for the location of Q. But it is on I 10 just east of CA. You can fish in the Colorado River. There are still fish in the Salton Sea. Lake Mead is another choice for lake fishing.

There are 1,000s, actually 10s of 1,000s of free spaces where you cannot make a reservation. There are also RV parks in town and there you definitely need a reservation. It is a whole lot of fun to go so enjoy. Hope you like rocks and gems cause it the the World's biggest collection.

B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
B Bob has it all right. You arn't that far from the London Bridge in Lake Havasu and also Laughlin NV. for a little gambling right on the beautiful Colorado.. Quartzite is a blast. I trucked for Coca Cola Syrup division way back when and this Rally has been going on for ever in Quartzite. Have fun.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
I should have told you about Katharines Landing in Laughlin...beautiful place with RV sites and if you are well off in the money department you can rent a house boat. the Landing is just a few miles north of Laughlin.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Alpine Owners Club
I am assuming that you are inquiring about the Alpine Coach Rally (Desert Rat Rally). Go to the Alpine Coach Assn. website and all the particulars will be revealed. Basically, it is 100+ Alpines parked next to each other for a few days of camping without hook-ups. We are parked in the desert so no need for reservations! except of course to sign up for the rally.
Hope to see you there.
'99 Alpine Coach
Jeff and Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
It's located where US 95 south out of Parker AZ intersects with I-10, can't miss it as you'll see RV's parked all over the area. It's a neat fun place, we have reservations at the Shady Lane RV Park for a week beginning Jan 16, 2012.

Have fun & Safe Travels....
Jim & SherrySeward

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Go to:
Alpine Coach Association
scroll down to Upcoming Events, lick on the alpine mountain icon on the left
scroll down to Desert Rat Rally XI & click on the link for a registration form.
Register, and the rally director or some poor slob who gets conscripted for the task will email everybody the driving directions to hook up w/the Alpiners.

We meet on the north side of Plomosa Road, which runs sort of East-West, and intersects AZ Hwy 95 about 8.5 miles north of 95's intersection w/I-10. Google "Plomosa Road Quartzite AZ" and the map pin is east of where we meet. Almost any idiot can find it, and ACA will have signs up on Plomosa to make sure you take the correct turn into the desert. We will be camped maybe 50-100 yards north of the paved road, but on a naturally graveled area. And there will be food (some of which you will need to bring). And booze (BYOB for the most part). And everything Alpine going on.

IIRC there is no limit on stripers in Lake Havasu about 45 min north of the campout. I recommend Sandpoint Marina & RV Park (google) if you are bringing a boat, as you can put your boat in a slip for a few days. Troll a shad-rap or fillet scrap of anchovie w/lead core line for the stripers. Wife & I caught 20 one morning back when the limit was 10 each; the following year they lifted the limit.

Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote